Ski Mods

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Mods
    Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:01pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry looked back and couldn't find a recent topic so thought I should post a new one.
Made up a bracket to mount my Lowrance (removed off my kayak ) on, looking to put a rod holder and couple other Railblaza products on as well.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 9:03am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work there Dale
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 3:49pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

so while installing a new battery box to take 2 batteries, (photos to follow) I have a rubber tube which looks like a vent, goes to the rim of the hull top under rear seat & doesnt appear to connect to anything at the other end although has a clip as if it was connected to something. Anyyone with a 2007ish fxho can confirm if it is connected to anything would be appreciated. It is on the starboard side, has a little white thing on the top.
Also after being told there was no remote for the ski I found one in the fire extinguisher storage container. Doesnt appear to do anything when buttons pressed, could have flat battery or maybe the receiver unit was disconnected, anyone know where the receiver unit hides? cheers Dale
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 4:20pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not really a mod but an idea that came to me after the first time I tried to get gear (binocs & tackle pouch) out of the front hatch while on the water.
So I attached a 4mm elasticated line off the base of the GPS/sounder which ties to the items I need to grab. No more leaning over the front till nearly falling off the ski.
Works a treat!
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 4:40pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Photo 1:Dual batteries fitted in new battery box
Photo 2: Battery box lid on.
Photo 3: Isolator & buzz bar(inside 2nd cable box) for future connections fitted to forward compartment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:45pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Following the theme of the thread and trying to keep a bit of activity going in the jetski fishing section, here is a livebait tank I made for my ski out of fibreglass. Only used it twice so far as there has been an absence of kings from the areas I normally fish, should get better as summer rolls around again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 7:16am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Coxie. I am trying to come up with a way to use the chilli bin other than just throwing some water in it.
However seeing your live bait creation has me thinking.
Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 9:08am
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looks very slick coxie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cigar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:10am
Cigar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Chip'n Chip'n wrote:

so while installing a new battery box to take 2 batteries, (photos to follow) I have a rubber tube which looks like a vent, goes to the rim of the hull top under rear seat & doesnt appear to connect to anything at the other end although has a clip as if it was connected to something. Anyyone with a 2007ish fxho can confirm if it is connected to anything would be appreciated. It is on the starboard side, has a little white thing on the top.

It's the vent for the battery. It attaches to the little vent on standard lead-acid batteries, not needed if you have SLA or AGM batteries.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:14am
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for that, always a worry when there is something left over once you've done something, especially as it had a metal spring clip on it as if it had been attached to something.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:15am
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Coxie, looks great, is it all set up with a pump etc?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 12:22pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This is my 2nd design Pete, my first one had many flaws which I've dealt with in this one. People always just tell you to use the chilli bin for livebaits but then where do you put your ice & your catch? and if you're using a catch bag then you still need somewhere to keep the ice before you've caught the fish, so in my mind the chilli bin needs to stay a chilli bin. 

Chip'n - When stationary I have a bilge pump rigged up to feed water into the tank, and when i'm moving I have a tube mounted under the sponson to continuously pickup water and keep the tank fresh, in my experience air pumps are a waste of time and the most important thing is just to keep the water fresh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:20pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good info here for me.
Coxie I have got a good kill bag but I hear what your saying also thinking ahead when I do all day long range trips be good to have somewhere to keep food & drink cool.
So when can you make one for me Coxie
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 7:25pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The catch bags are great if you intend on keeping bigger fish but I can fit a 15kg king in my chilli bin (split lid with tail sticking out) and still have room for some snapper so it suits my needs perfectly. Unfortunately I cannot whip up another one for you haha but it should give you an idea of what may work for you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 8:59pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Aaaaaargh Coxie really ya can't just drop what ya doin!
Nah mate you have done enough to inspire me to get my a into g & get something organised if I get it done & it looks half pai decent I might even post something about it.
Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spike05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 7:52pm
Spike05 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yes please Coxie and Pete will be great to have instructions to build a live bait tank