What is it worth?1996 force 75hp

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it worth?1996 force 75hp
    Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:05pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Going to have a go remoing the outboard from my boat this weekend.

It is a 1996 75 hp force motor which blew a hole on the heat exchanger. I few pieces of the block are currently off the motor and the inside looks stuffed full of salt.

Imam guessing the most useful parts would be the cowling, leg,prop, trim/tilt if that even works(unsure). Anything else worth saving?

Is there likely to be any demand for the motor and what would it ge worth to sell it quickly as i dont want it lying around??

Alternativelly i willy take all the metal to a scrap dealer and might get something.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:27am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I would think it is worth zero, less the cost of you taking it to the tip or scrap man.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:59am
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Its weight in scrap aluminium
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:01am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

$1 reserve on trade me - you can be surprised with what you end up with..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:35am
RC1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

+1 I put an old Yamaha 1984 model, motor was absolutely shot, on Trade Me for $1 reserve ended up with over $300
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:20pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'd definitely put it on Trademe for $1 reserve.  Even if you only get a dollar someone will be collecting it, and if someone happens to need a part it may be worth something to them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:11pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Didnt think it would be worth much. Could take it to the scrap man but guessing i would than have to spend time dismataling everything and not keen on that.

$1 reserve it is i just hope someone will bid a $1 and take it away!

Thanks all.