More YFT?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More YFT?
    Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:19pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11488137

Being interesting to see if there are even more YFT caught next season given we're in the the full force of this right from the start of it.

A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:53pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fingers crossed for more fin and hope the winds are not too strong as I like the idea of less Easterlies but don't like strong winds in any direction. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:28pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I heard that there were plenty of yellowfin around Tonga in the last month. Shouldn't be hard for them to find there way here.
Did they say that 1997 and 1998 were strong El Nino years.  Both had good catches of Yellowfin according to NZ Sport Fishing club records.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:12pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah John H, matched those records up when I got wind of El Nino for this last season, it just didn't end up as strong as it could/is going to be next season.
A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:15pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Weaker up wellings should also (if my reading is right) mean patchier phyto.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 4:18pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

cooler springs equinox, like last season keep the coastal water cooler wider, from what I saw turned into a interesting season.

Where we then had very warm water pulled/pushed closer to shore later as this cycle settled.

But the general rule last season was a band of food on the 250m 300m depth and again on the 1000m/1100m depth.
Lots of squid.

water was cold right up to late December, then it happened. 
If El nino  causes this then hopefully the Tuna return again.
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:01pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Be expecting hot charts Paul for the coming season.
The ones with x on the side of boat, will have to paint out the last few years for more room.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!