Anyone here that can honestly say ....

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone here that can honestly say ....
    Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 3:19pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Apart from myself who has never told a lie ( except that one ) is there anyone here that can honestly say, that they have never exercised their unquestioned right as a fisho to tell the occasional porky ( or to be kinder let's call it an embellishment ) with regards to fish caught, be it numbers, weight, size or species ?

OK I will start the ball rolling to confess I may have been guilty once or twice  ... my memory tends to rather conveniently fade beyond that.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 3:40pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

when you come on here you only tell half truths because you would get shot down if you told the whole truth,
something like.
you catch your limit and them say i kept 3 for dinner...
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 3:57pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I only take snapper over 40cm,how times we read that line??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 3:59pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

As always Eric, there are always those who have to try to shoot down the achievers, whether it's this site or any where else. They are out there.

I TRY not to embellish stuff and while we are all guiity to a degree at times, I've definitely played it straight - at least for the last ten years or so Big smile. Mods have to have a certain credibility eh. Ohhh I was also straight up before then too (keep digging that hole Smudge).
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 4:01pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't often fish alone anymore so cannot lie as I got a feeling the lads I fish with often don't believe my fishing stories. Then they come fishing with me....LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ohsoslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 4:15pm
Ohsoslow View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I dunno what you guys are on about, everytime I go fishing I catch at least 9 15+pound snapper..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 4:19pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bazza the answer is no one!
We are all basically honest but then the Rum or Whiskey or Heineken or whatever comes out & fish get bigger etc.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A LOAF OF BREAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 4:34pm
A LOAF OF BREAD View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Not me. Im honest.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CRAYMOUNTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 12:33pm
CRAYMOUNTS View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

got a mate who says this snapper catches are 4-6lb when they are 2-4 lb this comes up all the time,as an example.
CLASS CRAYMOUNTS DONE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 12:40pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And i have a mate who often says "this is an awesome fish, ah yes what a fish,can feel the weight."
Then next minute,"seems to have shrunk",and as it nears the boat ,"its getting smaller".
Usually turns out to be another undersize.Smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:22pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I only keep legal fish, if it's legal, I'll keep it.
No catch n release in hope of bigger game. Never taken more than 5 Snapper personally.
Usually get a feed. Last time out , single fish, 30.2 cm!
And that is the truth......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:48pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I got this twenty pounder in the weekend Big smile

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:31am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

And the winner is ..................
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 6:23pm
baitcatcher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Barry
I have caught 100s of fish in a matter of minutes heaps of times.

They were all Whitebait though!!!! 😄😄😄
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 7:07pm
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

make no promises, end each answer to how many fish caught with "i really enjoy the outdoors".
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:41pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

here's a gods honest truth for you, I prefer other fish to snapper.

here's another truth, Kahawai is that other fish.

here's a lie, I catch more Kahawai than I do snapper.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 7:08am
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Im always asked how the fishing is and I tell these people the last time I went out it was epic, 30-40kg kings and big bad ass bass.
Don't believe me the fishing has been epic? Here's a couple of photos.  Went out with the lads from mangonui, fished on the 100m marks. Sweet, k good luck and see you out there.

...somehow I leave out the part that this last trip was in fact in may and at the three kings.  I guess it is in part to save my piece of mind instead of getting pissed off that I have only had 3 days off since this trip and the weather was no good for fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 2:43pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My wife says " you fishermen are always telling lies, you tell lies when you're catching fish and you tell lies when you're not catching fish, anyone who asks never gets a straight answer..." 
Well we can't give away too much aye!

And Muppet the only thing I can't believe when fishing with you is sitting right next to you with the exact same rig, me catching nothing, you casually killing it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:26am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Does exaggeration count?  What about rounding up?

Also when everyone expects you to "round up", shall we say, if you don't you are implicitly telling a lie. For example, Craymounts mate says "we caught 3 snapper 2-4 lbs" they immediately get downsizes.

Me? i am just fed up of catching my limit within 20 minutes, and i put back everything under 65 cms.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:35am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Am certain most of us exaggerate . We all know size matters.
Page  12>