I'm getting sick of this!

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (13) Likes(13)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm getting sick of this!
    Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 10:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

There are times when you go out fishing and you just wished you stayed at home. Sometimes it's because the conditions turn out a whole lot worse than you expected. Let's face it, no one likes the rough stuff and while we tolerate it it's always better when the weather gods smile.

Today the gods smiled on us so it wasn't the weather that spoiled my day

Sometimes it's because vicious predators chase all the fish away

But that wasn't the case today. Sometimes it is because the gear isn't up to the job

But nah, the Thunnus and Stradic were up to the job no problem.

Sometimes it is problems at the boat ramp

But not THIS time....
So what can really ruin your whole day out on the water? I'll tell you! It's your crew! You really need to be careful who you fish with.

This guy was no problem, lovely guy, a little bit quiet but otherwise ok

Likewise, this guy is one of the best, never had a bad word to say about him

This guy was the problem. He turns up, drinks my beer, uses my boat, eats everything in the house, then he goes and does this! The cheek of the man.

Last year, almost to the day, he pulled an almost identical fish from the Manukau. If Skoti finds out it was in his spot again, there's going to be trouble!

All he had to do was smile for the camera!

Well done Arron, another awesome fish from the harbour, when are you taking me out fishing again???Big smile

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 2:49am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 3:22am
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

juealous..!! stuck at work lol
"My mind has gone fishing, ask all questions tomorrow"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 6:14am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Classic Smudge! Did Snap make the 20 lbs on the Muddy, if not must be close? Liked......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 6:23am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Congratulations Smudge awesome fish - was lovely weather for a change.
I doubt it was 20 lbs - more likely a bit of trickery with camera angles but still a very nice fish.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:11pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome report Smudge. Great read . Must be gratifying to know that one person in the family can still catch a great fish.LOL
Well done Arron.Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:36pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm going to have to move that spot so no-one can find it ! !
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:55pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm...I have a suspicion I know that spot.  Now....where did I put the keys to the boat I wonder...  Big smile
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Arron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 5:02pm
Arron View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'll take you out when you buy more beers for me to steal Dad! Fish went just a bit over 16lb, thought it was going to go 20 when I saw colour.. I'll just have to try better next time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 8:14pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great fish on a mint day! Well done again Aaron. 

Excellent report Smudge. He may be able to catch fish, but can he write?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 8:25pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Maybe some people are just better at catching snapper aye Smudge..
Great yarn on your day and mint snap Arron.
Good size carrots too by the look
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 8:45pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hey Arron,A fish like that i suggest you shout Dad the beers Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 9:47pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Maybe some people are just better at catching snapper aye Smudge..
Great yarn on your day and mint snap Arron.
Good size carrots too by the look

It's only because I've been showing him my secret snapper fishing styles Mathew Big smile.
The gurnard weren't too bad at all, where were those ones during the Grunter Hunter eh? Big smile

I can catch snapper too, a nice fish at 51cm

We got some big gurnard, Jordan got a beauty

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 9:59pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Classic Smudge! Did Snap make the 20 lbs on the Muddy, if not must be close? Liked......

Thanks Geoff, we didn't weigh it but it measured 70cm so about 16lb. It's a good camera angle Big smile but a stonker fish nonetheless.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 10:02pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

'Liked ' your report Smudge! Nice snapper Aaron. Did you lads plonk it on a measure by chance?
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 10:05pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You didn't weigh it ? ? Shocked
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 10:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nope Skoti but we measured it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 9:55am
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Beauty snapper Aaron!

50+ cm aint bad for the muddy Smudge. Dont let it get you down, its a sign of a good upbringing when the son exceeds the father!

Some nice sized carrots too!

I was out on Sunday but struggled as I missed the outgoing and floundered about in the Papakura trying some new gutters for a couple of mini carrot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 3:43pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Beaut day and fush there lads
I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 8:16pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
Page  12>