Strata Glass Cleaning

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strata Glass Cleaning
    Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 4:26pm
Renegade View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have recently put new Strata glass clears on my boat.  The cleaning instructions state to use Imar products to clean them.  Imar yacht soap concentrate is recommended for washing down at the end of each day out, I have been using it since they were new, but I do find it very espensive and hard to source.  What are others using on here?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 8:52pm
J-D View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good timing . . was just going to post about Strata Glass too . . . what can you use to re condition it too? Heard they have a cut n polish product.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 7:57am
Renegade View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

J-D, Imar have a protector polish and also a protective cleaner, Imar is what is recomended and I also use both these products and find them very good again they are expensive and the only place I have been able to source them is The Cover Company. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ohsif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:14am
ohsif View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can order in the Imar products. Let me know what you want and I can provide a price.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 12:34pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Pain in the fecking arrrrrrrrse !!!!!  Im onto my 3rd front screen after crew or clients put there greasy sunscreen clogged hands all over it  ! !  !grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just a word to the wise.   Never ever ever ever get sunscreen lotion on them ! ! ! 

Otherwise it is a bloooody top product !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 1:05pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sounds like a pain alright!!!!
Ive got two ranga mates that go out fishing with me and the sunscreen flows on the boat a bit like that golden brown ale LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 4:18pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I dont allow any sunscreen on the boat unless in an aerosol and only ever used at the stern of the boat .. way from the clears and glass...
I also have built up a barrier of 4 or 5 polishes over a couple months with megures  clears acrylic polish, and maintain with very light use of megures quick detail car polish... quick easy
I also use the quick detail for my glasses, windows, mirrors (house bathrooms) stainless oven/ expresso machine, cars and dive mask.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:18pm
J-D View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got some product off ohsif Thumbs Up  Great guy and great service.

Will let you know how I get on

JD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dead Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 8:40pm
Dead Ant View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You can also get oil free sunscreen.  Seems to a lot better and washes off fingers :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 12:57am
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Dead Ant Dead Ant wrote:

You can also get oil free sunscreen.  Seems to a lot better and washes off fingers :)

I would also suggest throwing away all spray sunscreens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 9:17am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A boat generally points into the wind... therefore using them at the stern the over spray heads out of the boat...
And because they are at the stern, they are far more likely to wash their hands there, rather than move from the cabin area, put their hand out to steady  and onto a clear....

I also suspect the liquids many soft baits have on them maybe be an issue.