Releasing Snaps to 20lbs... Mokau!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Releasing Snaps to 20lbs... Mokau!
    Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 4:24pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all, wasn't planing fishing today but day break brought a metre swell with offshore wind-Perfect! Quick call to my part time joke of a job, got the green light. Time to gear up! Perfect launch didn't get a drop on me, was settled in anchored up in favourite spot of late around 8.30. I Always drop the Sabiki first, within couple of minutes had a couple big winter Kahawai in boat! Had some big arrow squid i bought fresh last trip to New Plymouth. So out went the Straylines. The Sabiki was going off! trevally, Barracuta, more Kahawai. Heaps of bait so hung it up and concentrated on straylines. Within 15 minutes first run, hooked into nice Snap, six odd kgs. Not long after rod two screaming run, landed good fish eight odd kgs. Within an hour had five nice fat Snaps to take home and decided to run huge baits, big heads, whole fillets trying for a Biggy. Released around ten more Snaps, one would of been a 20 lb da in the next hour and a half. The Snaps were hungry as attacking anything i had on offer.  Didn't get the Big one i was after but had another great session. Was home by 12.30. Todays photo's- Played the two Snaps up in photo one after the next, a quick photo and unhooked me big Circle hooks in the water and they were off! Half a trevally bait before it is sent down to get smashed! The fish i came home with in the little Mac!!...... Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 4:27pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You know you've got it sussed when after releasing a 20lber you say "didn't get the big one I was after"!

Nice work as always!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:26pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's an outstanding fishery you get to play in. 
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:01pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great report mate . What circle hooks you using?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:08pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:03pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Geoff! onto the big ones again haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:10pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats Classic Snappa Geoff
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:30pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Johnny Watson Johnny Watson wrote:

Great report mate . What circle hooks you using?
Hi Johnny thanks for reply. Hooks I run Mutsu 32 mm dark colour. Get them from Decoro Fishing Supplies- Tauranga.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:56pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Congratulations Geoff on great fishing and getting out - I wondered if you might as wind dropped away and seemed better than forecast.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:32pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome mate just awesome. Thumbs Up
Sounds like everyone that was out yesterday had a ball.
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:06pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Geoff I'll have a look
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:15am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs UpGood fish Geoff.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 11:54am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Nice work, will have to get down that way for a look myself!