Baby Bradley

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Bradley
    Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got a few ky in the Manukau when gurnard hunting last weekend so decided to fire up the baby bradley 2 rack.
Fillets overnight in sugar/salt brine.
rinsed off and left to dry for a couple of hours (until nice n sticky)
Rubbed in a bit of brown sugar.

Into preheated Bradley with 3hrs of pacific blend bisquettes

I love the idiot proofness of the unit and it gives a great result..

Yum..
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:54pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Very good, smoked fresh fish and its raining n pouring, with the odd sunshine thrown in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 9:15pm
Boyo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Your Kahawai is looking good Mat. Nothing has surpassed your Kingfish or Gemfish either before or since we had it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:51pm
davv View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hi Skunk I'm still getting the hang of mine and screwed a few up already unfortunately. What temp did you have it on for the 3 hrs?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:15pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Howsit davv, pretty sure it was about 85 degrees.quite a low power setting level.
have found brining ,either wet or dry makes a big difference.i give it overnite at minimum and rinse off and airdry fish for a couple of hrs till surface gets nice and sticky before rubbing in some brown sugar or maple...goodluck with it
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:57pm
davv View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks pal will give it a crack next time out !