east cape

Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: east cape
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 3:37pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kingfish at the East Cape in the shallows, never seen them in weed , amazing to see, dont need to say to much as the video says it all-- MJ is in the back ground trying to get his gear ready which he does, I shall leave it up to him to post his pics and video if he wishes

East Cape- 26 kg

getting ready for the walk

one of the best spots in the region

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:10pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great fish mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wayne.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 6:09pm
Wayne.L View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wicked. Beautiful part of the world Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:50pm
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is that your live bait?

Nice fish, nice conditions by the look as well!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:56pm
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well done go the kingies from the rocks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 8:39pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Scuzzy, thats a beaut king! Were you the four guys from Taranaki I bumped in to at Lottin a couple of weeks ago? They were staying in Brian Woods shearing quarters.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:58pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mars Mars wrote:

Nice one Scuzzy, thats a beaut king! Were you the four guys from Taranaki I bumped in to at Lottin a couple of weeks ago? They were staying in Brian Woods shearing quarters.

Are those shearing quarters still available for rent? Me and a mate stayed in them a few years back and they were awesome. They used to be listed on holidayhouses.co.nz but they've disappeared.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eastcoastlbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 1:30am
eastcoastlbg View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah you can still stay in those chur
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:47pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by eastcoastlbg eastcoastlbg wrote:

Yeah you can still stay in those chur

Yep, all true. We were at the Kemps though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
Titanium
Titanium

Stayed at Kemps this trip,this was late last week  about to book Woods for a week very soon,
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:00pm
Titanium
Titanium

just up dated post with video guys enjoy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Torpedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:37am
Torpedo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

f'n impressive video scuzzy, cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:50pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great video there Scuzzy. I can tell you without a word of a lie that 4 of us saw identical activity a couple of weeks prior to this. Everyone was so frantic trying to sort stuff out that no one thought about grabbing a camera.

If it is any consolation, we were swearing a lot too! Wink

We were a fair distance away from where I believe you guys were though, so not sure if they would be the same fish. Been going there for over 20 years and never seen anything remotely like this.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:14pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Mars
They were a few guys I know didn't crack anything big but had a ball.

Scuzzy
Awesome mate just awesome so gutted I had to miss this one was so amping after the last one. next year I'll bring a team over.
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 5:25am
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Naki-Fisher Naki-Fisher wrote:

Hey Mars
They were a few guys I know didn't crack anything big but had a ball.

They told me they scored a 13lb snapper just in front of the cottage and were pretty stoked. For their mission out to Lottin though, they were only wearing sandshoes from what I saw and carrying buckets in one hand and rods in the other. Makes for hard work on that track, but then, that's how I probably started doing it!

When are you heading there again Scuzzy? I've got a couple of mates from Welly heading up there soon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwinoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 10:46pm
kiwinoz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great fish Scuzzy! Clap
one more parking ticket and i'm going to snap!