Friday night gambling grannies and gurnard

Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friday night gambling grannies and gurnard
    Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 11:57pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I've had a very busy week, myself and Zukman had a gurnard fishing contest to organise and we were both fishing the comp as well. Saturday was the busiest day for me, mostly because I was fretting over the weather and the low entry numbers. In the end we easily cracked 200 anglers, not bad considering the forecast a week out was an absolute shocker. 20knot northerlies and nor' easterlies are very uncomfortable to fish on this side of the Manukau harbour, especially when the tide starts to run out.

The forecast for the follow up day was no better so I made the call at 6.00pm to say it was on. It wasn't long after that, with all the work done that things turned bad, not that I thought so at the time - in fact I was very happy. I wasn't happy when the alarm woke me up at 5.00am, for some reason my head wasn't feeling good.

The sea was a little lumpy at 7.30am but it soon eased and after some heavyish rain the sea went flat.
So did the fishing.

Coxie gave it a shot

Skoti, his dad Barry, the great John Moran and his son John Moran gave it a shot

Club Matt gave it a shot

Snappercatcha gave it a shot

My mate Neil gave it a shot

Arron gave it a shot

I gave it a shot

But our fish weren't big enough.

We had around 10 gurnard in the bin after an hour or so at our first spot and three moves later we were only picking up a few at each place. All up we got 19, with our biggest just under a kilo and we had three around the same size.

No prizes for my boat but Zukman got up on the stage to take away a nice softbait set.

Not with this fish though

Arron went out on a solo mission today to target snapper. He didn't get any so went gurnard fishing instead. All up he got 5 but two would have been well into the money yesterday, at 1.10kg and 1.18kg. That's how it goes!

Just to compare two of yesterdays bigger fish with today's biggest

And the Friday night gambling grannies?  Well it was a funny story but what happens in the hills, stays in the hills!

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 5:36pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice report there smudge..
was an action packed weekend for you organiser fullas alright.
Arrons result on monday is always the way aye
cheers
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 8:27pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I must get out there for a west mish some time 
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 12:37am
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good stuff Smudge. Good to see plenty of Fishing.net representation. Thanks for putting the time in to organise the event (along with others). You get my vote for President!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:15am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes , Smudge for president Big smile
Good report , tells it like it was , thanked Clap
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:57am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Top report Smudge and good on you for organizing these comps, more work than some people realiseClap Thanked
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishoooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 9:10pm
fishoooo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It's good to know there are some GC's out there still. Cheers man.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 10:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Thanks Hyper, thanks to all who fished it too. There were more f.netters there than I had pics of but I couldn't find their secret spots to get the pics! Funnily enough a lot of the guys I ran into on the day, we saw them near several spots we fished, like minds eg Approve
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 10:38pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You guys do a hell of a job with the comps you run Smudge, really enjoy fishing them especially the grunter hunter, although it's proved to be the most challenging out of all the CSFC comps for me