Last Hoora!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last Hoora!
    Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:40pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

After last weeks success and my lack of 20lb snapper under my belt I decided I needed to get back to the same place but with bait (live) and burley to see if i cold knock over a 20lber. 

Got hold of Shaun who was keen and as it turns out so was our mate Besty who is just back in the country to sell his house etc before he leaves too live in the UK next week. 

Plan was to head out this arvo, find some live baits, then anchor up on the change of tide with a a light southerly wind and out going tide to see us through the change of light. 

Loaded up the 6500 and a bait catcher, swung past the garage for some bait and burly, picked up the boys and we were off!

All went to plan, picked up a bin full of livies then headed to the mark. I was a bit off the mark when I dropped the pick the first time, we managed a couple of panies but we weren't getting any enquiries from the type of fish we were getting last week. So I pulled the pick and moved about 70m and dropped it again. Tossed out a pillie to introduce ourselves and as soon as it hit the bottom the 6500 started to sing, sweet sweet music! 

Not a bad back drop as the sun dropped below the horizon

And so it went, bait after bait, hitting the bottom and getting pick up and taken, at pace!!. Was a great session, all good fish, pulling hard and giving us a work out, this one bought Shaun to his Knees!

We put back the ones that looked like they would make it to fight another day but pretty soon the bin was looking like this and the live bait tank was empty so after throwing down some mullet heads, mullet frames, pillies and everything else we had, we pulled the pin and headed for home! 

Besty had a pretty good last day fishing in NZ for a while, as it would happen most of his fish were caught on soft baits ! 

So after another awesome day the big girl still eludes me! Oh well, just have to keep trying!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:11am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

nice one RB, Thumbs Up good session on bait hurt no one...
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:03am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Once again top report Bull!!! I bet alot of Fisho's  up there would love to know your spot! Sometimes if your getting good snaps like those in post, try running a big Kahawai head with underbelly on one of the straylines. Have found only the big Snaps 20 lb plus will take them on....... Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aquacat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:10am
aquacat View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hoora!! Smashed it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:54pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done bull another day in paradise
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:21pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

great trip again Bull, your mate will never forget his last trip outThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:57am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 3:29pm
Mc fish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

stink....