$80,000 stolen boat returned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $80,000 stolen boat returned
    Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:09pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 5:00pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good news for them, but I think it may need a re-paint to get rid of the dodgy job done to disguise it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Juan night only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 5:39pm
Juan night only View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

awesome to see them get it back, that rattle can job looks brofessional, they should keep it :)

is that really an $80k boat? just seen the new 591 is only 53k. I don't know what there boat has on it but 80k sounds like a lot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:32pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

i am glade they got the boat back and just maybe someone will get their ass kicked for removing it,
this bit interests me, 
 had been stolen, despite having locked and secured the vessel with a wheel lock.
knowing what type and how firmly they had done the brace up,
a wheel brace not firmly tightened onto the rim properly can just about be kicked off...
i guess we will not know unless they are a regular on here...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Space Invader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:10pm
Space Invader View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'd be gutted to get that back if the payout was going to be 80k.
Anyway, I had to laugh when I read that this-morning. "... found behind a block of flats in Kelston"..."A 19-year-old man...".
What the hell's a 19 year old 'man' doing with  "A boat worth $80,000.."

Good result all the same.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:09am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They were probably gutted that it came back if it was insured for 80k !!!!