Drones, Rocks and Snaps video report

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (13) Likes(13)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drones, Rocks and Snaps video report
    Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:12am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got out earlier this week for a fish and a play with my new toy... the day ended with some blood on the rocks...

A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:51am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Love that drone work Scott and thanks for the report. A nice job on the hand too - ouch, it looked sore!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:03am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

enjoy your style of reports mate, next level with the drone too.

thanks.Star
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nirai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:11am
Nirai View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Great Report
"Gunrunner" Surtees 610 Game Fisher current
*"Double Barrel" Seacat 635 "Good Riddance!"
*"Seriola" Surtees 485 CC Retired with honours!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:13am
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up love your work
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Space Invader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:22am
Space Invader View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hope your hands not too bad, and I've gota say, I love watching your reports.
No nonsense & to the point. Well done!, & thankyou.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:33am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Scotty, thats drone is gonna make some impressive footage for your reports mate, looking forward to them even more now.
Ugly result on your hand man, eeesh!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:34am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks guys, that volcanic rock has some very rough edges to it, the only rock I can think of that is worse to fall on is the stuff in Niue because it is effectively old coral and razor sharp... I was looking up at the drone admiring my new toy when I stumbled backwards and tried to hold onto the remote control so nothing would get damaged. Its funny, when I told some of my mates I had an accident whilst flying the drone, the first thing they asked was - is the drone ok?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Squigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:59am
Squigy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Excellent report enjoyed watching the vid. As for the hand..... ouch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 10:50am
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another awesome report taken to the next level with the drone Scott!

That hand looked nasty...ouch!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:08am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What drone did you go with? did it come with the camera or did you use your existing ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:50am
Jwest View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work as usual mate, hand looked nasty, those Rangi rocks have claimed a bit of my flesh in the past too not to mention a rod and a couple of pairs of shoes!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:58am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Big Manly Yaka: The drone is a Phantom II with a Zenmuse gimbal and Gopro4 attached to it. I have a screen to show what the camera can see but it's not particularly clear.

Jwest - yep was a bit surprised how vicious the rocks were. Almost had another accident when I first arrived answering the scream of nature.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:19pm
Boyo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great report Scott. First one I've read so will keep an eye out for your future ones.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:46pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice report Scott, that's some brutal rock rash!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:14pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Another top quality report. Eesh - nice word to describe that injury.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 2:03pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great stuff once again Scott. Got all the bases covered now with the new toy! Look forward to next vid. Wot would a drone and camera cost? Also how much practice before you fly it over water, rocks, cliffs. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 2:46pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Drone with gimbal is about $1500 from NZ Helmet Cameras, add your own Gopro. I think you can get the Phantom with its own camera for about $2k. I had a few practices in the park and broke a couple of prop guards, the last trip was flawless, the key is really not having any wind to contend with so you can use small pushes on the controls and you dont have to panic if the wind starts pushing it into obstacles.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 4:31pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Scott, man that hand looked bad Dead
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 4:34pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice drone LBger... Im getting into it.. but with not such an upmarket unit as yours for now..  Nice still video..  and adds another dimension to your vids..
FPV is great and mine uses my cellphone..  but will use an old tablet with shade to see if any better...   some nice fishing as well with some tasty morsels...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Page  12>