Tiri - softbaiting and rock fishing video report

Post Options Post Options   Likes (15) Likes(15)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiri - softbaiting and rock fishing video report
    Posted: 12 May 2015 at 3:51pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was up at Tiri yesterday, did some rock fishing and softbaiting for a good bag of snapper and a sighting of Orca....

A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:55pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome, you do a good job of those reports.
I've s/b fished back of tiri in close many times, infact it was the 1 st place I fished s/b with the 1 st sample pack of gulp nuke chooks many years ago and never really caught many fish.
Got some wicked Trevally on that 1 st trip but no real big snapper.
Don't know what it is , there's always fish on the sand off the edge of the reefs and the bait guys can do real well there with Berley ..anyway thanks for sharing look forward to your next report
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 6:51pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep I also look forward to these visual reports Scott...keep them coming!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:47pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

& thanked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:16pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Great report as usual Scott Clap
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:21pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks guys, was hoping to get something a bit bigger off the rocks at Tiri but came back with something to eat, so no complaining from me. The Orca were awesome, I happened to look over my shoulder as we were heading home and saw them behind us so turned around and kept a respectful distance while the pod moved along...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aquacat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:54am
aquacat View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Love your reports. Thanked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:40pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet reports thanks man
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:47pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Consistent awesomeness - thanked
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:04pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What a great report! Thanks dude.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:43pm
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good stuff bro im hoping to get out on to tiri in the next weekend or so but weather is not looking to flash at the mo any...... a mate of mine did a sesh on the rocks there a few weeks back and got into some good fish under the light house we may be heading to wooden island fingers x tho
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dave_) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 1:16pm
Dave_) View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

never done very well LB on tiri. better rocks to hop not too much further away me thinks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:32pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was out on Rangi today, such a calm day, caught a nice snap or dinner, other samller ones and saw a king on the way out...got to fly my new toy, new vid coming out hopefully tomorrow...