Switchgear and anchor for sale

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switchgear and anchor for sale
    Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:59pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi, after a few changes of plans, I now find myself with some superfluous items from my StressFree anchor install

Sarca no. 2 anchor $110
BEP dual battery switch- 1 / 2 / both / off - new/ unused $50
BEP VSR, automatically regulates charging a dual battery setup (charges the start battery, then once done it flicks over to charge the house one too. Never suffer the ignominy of a flat battery again. In new/ unused- $80
Blue Sea Battery switch on/ off,seen 2 years use in a stabicraft, enclosed in a cabinet with hatch so not open to the elements., $50
open to offers, pickup only on the anchor. All others can be sent, postage not included.

I'm not so good at posting pics from an iPad, email [email protected] if you want some pictures, I am in Kerikeri for anchor pickup and can post the other items. Great prices for F net members, if no sales after a week I'll resort to tardeme.
All legit, I know there have been some 'issues' with sales on here recently but I've bought and sold from here and can assure you I'm legit. Bought a fly reel from Millsy, and sold some stuff in the past (Navionics chart) and I got a heap of gear from that reprobate BA before he de'camped' to Oz....though rumour has it he's in Auckland.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:10pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

BEP 1/2/ both/ off switch reduced to $40
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:30pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The battery switch and VSR retails at $170 from Burnsco, yours for $120
https://www.burnsco.co.nz/shop/rv/electrical-lighting/switches-fuses-accessories/battery-selector-switch-with-vsr
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:57pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now you put this up.... just got one last month... 
Great unit ....  make everything an easy install for two batteries..

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 11:17pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quick question re waterproofing the motor. I aim to get some alloy decking over the anchor well to make a better casting platform, but the motor is still a bit exposed to salt water. I am using adhesive shrink wrap for the cable terminals, but any other suggestions? I remember seeing one winch install that looked as if the motor had been mummified! I think from a quick google that it was wrapped in something called Denso tape.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinmarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 8:56am
marlinmarty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

See a plumbing merchant if you want denso.it grease impregnated cloth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 8:09pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Chers thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dum Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 8:38pm
Dum Bass View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just be careful with denso because some manufacturers will claim it voids the warranty because you can risk overheating the motor.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 8:58pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Dum Bass Dum Bass wrote:

Just be careful with denso because some manufacturers will claim it voids the warranty because you can risk overheating the motor.

👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 10:01pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Duly noted, CRC and a plastic bag it is then ;)