Looking for a rod blank

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hellsborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a rod blank
    Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 9:08pm
hellsborne View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi. I'm wanting to build my missus a new rod and I'm looking for the best place to find a standard nothing too fancy snapper blank around 6'6" to 7'. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 1:55pm
rosewood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi hells,

did you have much luck finding a blank? 

I may have a spare blank that you may be interested in depending on the type of fishing..

7' killwell xantu nano blank rated 4-8kg but feels heavier. would be a good light lure rod, strayline rod, or medium to heavy softbait rod. 

Let me know if this interests you..

rosewood 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hellsborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:02pm
hellsborne View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Rosewood, Mike from fullon fishing sent me a list of rod blanks that I could get so I decided I'd probably get the heavier version of xantu rod 8-12kg. Cheers for the help though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gmacx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:28pm
gmacx View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The kilwell rods are over rated 8-12 is more like a 15kg+ rod. They are heavy tackle. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:55pm
rosewood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by gmacx gmacx wrote:

The kilwell rods are over rated 8-12 is more like a 15kg+ rod. They are heavy tackle. 

I found the same too hence why I thought the 4-8kg may be a good option..