BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CJB10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 7:20pm
CJB10 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

same goes for kapiti coast lads. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kabinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:25pm
Kabinda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Happy to have gear dropped off or sent to our shop in Tauranga or just sight it if its local for you so you know its genuine and its condition etc, can even freight it on to you if needed (obviously you will need to cover the freight cost...)

Hell I'll even test the gear out for you, (boats included, lol)

Cheers
Brendon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote orange ruffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:54am
orange ruffie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have a bridge for sale if anyone is interested it's located between herne bay and north shore payment to my samalian bank preferred
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote xtreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:49pm
xtreamz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking at all these people offering to look at items in different areas, would it be worth having a pinned topic with the names/locations collaborated together listed nicely so users can easily find it/know who to contact for their area?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kabinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:02pm
Kabinda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

x2, good idea xtreamz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote marlinmarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 6:59am
marlinmarty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think it is time real names and locations were required on profiles
Personally I reckon it makes everyone just a little more cautious about being a dick online
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:41am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by marlinmarty marlinmarty wrote:

I think it is time real names and locations were required on profiles
Personally I reckon it makes everyone just a little more cautious about being a dick online

Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 8:32am
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That would just open up a can worms.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 9:16am
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Locations should be a no brainer, if for nothing but potential buyers knowing whether they can pickup or will have to pay freight which in most instances can be the difference with buying or not
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:31pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anonymity is always an issue on fora. I am a member of a medical website forum, it allows anonymous profiles (due to several cases of comments made in a restricted forum not available to the public being made public- example below)
However in theory to be a member their requires proof of identity as a doctor. It is not a publicly accessible forum. "What's said in the doctors mess, stays in the doctors mess"?type of thing, we need a safe place to ask clinical questions and have a whinge about work in privacy.

I would support basics ie real name and location on profiles. After all, isn't this meant to be a useful informative place to share knowledge, ask dumb questions, criticise, whilst recognising there may be comebacks if you act like a dick?
Feel free to ask dumb questions- I have, as a newcomer. But gratuitous abuse shouldn't be tolerated, just ridiculed. Friendly banter between the true enlightened fisher folk (aka string pullers) and the bottom dwelling breath holders (spearo's) is fine, just read twice before posting potentially offensive comments.

The case in question was a junior doc. who referred to one of those behind the restructuring (total balls up mess) of medical training as a "f$$cking ****" in this private doctors only forum.
http://www.ganfyd.org/index.php?title=Scot_Junior
Anyhoo, just my long winded view of things, for the record my name and location are real, so piss easy to find out who I am!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AndrewLBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:16pm
AndrewLBG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi I would be more than happy to help anyone with gear bought out of Gisborne. Maybe those managing the site can create a network around the country of people who can be a point of contact in each city etc. Then there can be some accountability for those selling gear etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Billfish2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 3:46pm
Billfish2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All

Has anyone bought glasses through Smartbuyglasses?

I am looking at buying a pair of Sunnies, from this web site.

But the prices seem too good to be true.

Had a look online scamadvisor, it comes up they are 100% trusted.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 1:22pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Edited
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:46am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Does anyone know if Kiwi steve the scammer ever recieved the attention he deserved? As in matramonial duties with his cell mate?
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 5:30pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've said it before guys, "nothing good ever comes out of Australia."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:41am
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm available in Doubtless Bay if needed to check or pick up anything 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote claw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 8:03am
claw View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anybody know of this so called company?

"Outboardprice.com"

Looks well set up.

BUT! "Be Aware" It smells fishy.

From what I can find out it is a scam.
Waiting for reply from them.
And have contacted Embassy here to have them checked.
I know the phone number listed belongs to someone who knows nothing about this company.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ifpx181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 11:30am
ifpx181 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any news on this company from the Embassy?

Thanks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:47am
ramzan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very Nice Info ..
I don't want to say too much about what happened but the gear was unlikely to be stolen, in my opinion it didn't even exist. The sad thing is the 'seller' knew what he was 'selling' so was a fisherman boat storage abudhabi. A fisherman it seems based in Oz. Yes I'm sure controls can be put in place and once Grunta is back in the hot seat I'm sure he will install a few controls.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:17am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's an old post Ramzan Ermm
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <123>