Whangamata Ramp

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whangamata Ramp
    Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:04pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Is there a good ramp at Whangamata? Thinking of launching there solo wit a 7.5m glass boat. Never been out of there, any tips?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 6:43am
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

are you there already or are you going there to be closer to mayor?
If the later,going from ak,I would suggest going to tauranga and using the excellent ramp at sulphur point.
Haven't seen whanga ramp but less windy hills,great ramp,heapsa parking possibly with camera?at tauranga.and not much further by sea.
My 2c
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 6:49am
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Whangamata is a solid sand launching ramp, Fairly Gentle, Just need to watch soft spots at low tide. There is a single lane pontoon you can tie off onto for when you put your truck away. My mate launches his 7.5m extreme there no worries. Things to watch are the launching fee, you need to get a permit for launching your boat there which you can get from the local tackle store (bubba's) about $7 a day from memory. 

TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 6:56am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Thanks for the tips guys.
I am planning on heading there today and popping out for a look around this arvo.

I'm then carrying on to Whiti for a couple of days otherwise I probably would go to tga as you say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:44am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

If launching when tide is out Bull, go to far right end of beach to launch by marker(gets into channel quicker)Wink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz