Dredges

Page  <1 678
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:57am
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

And you can run a release clip from a line off the centre point of your dredge for a deeper bait.
Stu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:20pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

excellent. Thanks.
If only I could stop buying more fishing stuff .
Seems to be no end to it. :-)
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otdrmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:50pm
otdrmn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Are you trolling lures or livies at that speed?
Dojo's?
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:00pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm not trolling lures - baits yes - alive and or dead. And various other stuff - salt flies, jigs etc. I do most of my fishing at that speed. I have the luxury of fishing Fads. Saves heaps on trolling/fuel etc. So I am not prospecting to find fish, rather trying different techniques to see what works for what fish on the day. Trolling lures just an optional extra which I generally avoid. I do a lot of fishing slower than that too- jigs, drifting baits. 
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:00pm
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

the one good thing about these damn westerlies is it gives you time to play in the shed.

My dredge made from a large bolt, 2x 5mm rods, 2x nylock nuts and a couple of d shackles, all in stainless of course,

First time in the water used Pakula teasers for this time but have some homers in the pipeline as well. The red is the release clip splashing along on the surface, using the stacking tech to attach it above the dredge.

. And very first deployment to 100ft,

Love it when a plan comes together.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:28pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done. Shed projects = quality time.
Got a kingi today - on a jig (200ft). Westerly here = good news. Until it gets to 30+knts and blows you home, like today. Unforecast. 10knt N was forecast.
You never quite know.
Thanks
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:59pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ok so whats ever one running for a dredge line to hold / put the dredge in the water  , i have heard 200lb braid but not sure where to get it , so help please 

is there any thing / ideas on trade me or swordfish steve 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:26pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If in auckland call into action outdoors on rosebank road, will be able to find something in there or they are on line.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:03am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

someone earlier posted 3mm cord?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:37am
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I wouldn't use 200lb braid.no room for wear and tear abrasion etc. plus it would be a pain to try and haul in by hand.
I went to Bunnings and bought some black cord round abt 3mm maybe a bit thicker. Been running it for three seasons so far without a hitch. The cord hums a bit when running but can easily stop it by hitching it over the boom.
It's pretty much the same stuff that yeehaa supply.
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 8:59am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just grab some 3mm cord from Burnsco or somewhere
6.7m Surtees PureFisher - "Kraken"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:43am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

thanks guys , and  yes the guys i fish with have brought them selives a dredge LOL 

lets see if we can make it work with out losing it 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 6:57am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Guys I have Black Polyester Course Weave Braid here I sell for tow cord, Breaking at 200kgs, I sell for $1 per mtr or $70 per 100mtr, so ideal for this use and Outrigger Halyards, also full range of dredge bars and holographic strips in stock, cheers swordfishsteveSmile
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:56am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

so how long do u think a big boat or small  the tow rope needs to be to pull a 12lb weight plus a double big dredge  at 7 / 8 knots , to get it down  

and what sort of breaking strain  weight chain or wire between weight and dredge  
Page  <1 678