Dredges

Page  <1234 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:10pm
rustler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

When some one finds a sure fire way to get them up and biting let me know !! so far watch the lures, look for birds bait, and anything else that could be a signal, so far I have come to believe all the teasers in the world wont substitute for paying attention to whats going on around you, and I still doze off in the afternoon rolling around, any way thats my pearl of wisdom for the day!!! good luck Kevin when you are up north give me a callWink
'Politically Correct' a misguided bunch of morons who think they can pick up a piece of **** by the clean end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:48am
Dolph View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have completed my shipping research and this is what I have come up with. Shipping via UPS is ridiculous, they wanted $520.00, I if someone is willing to pay that I may personally deliver it. :)

Shipping with USPS International Express Shipping is right around 80.00. We offer free shipping in the continental us which runs me about $12.00. I'll take the $12.00 off your shipping to help out. The dredge kit would cost you $68.00 in shipping and should arrive in 5-8 days.

If anyone is interested you can just go to the website and buy, select New Zealand and I have set up the rules to adjust the shipping price.. There is some shipping savings if you order two or more or other items so if your buddy wants one you may want to pair up and make one order and save a few bucks on shipping. 

Thanks!

Dolph
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:51am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

That is a good deal Dolph, i was quoted $US240 and 260 by 2 different shipping options, fedex and UPS. As you say ridiculous shipping prices for a small package that weighs 3-4lb

rustler(John) sounds like a planWink will be in touch
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:59am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Kevin, have you investigated Youshop? Its NZ Post forwarding service, basically gives you a US address that packages are sent to then NZ Post forward it to you. I've used it a bit and its pretty reasonable and also your packages are tracked from US to NZ.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quantum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 10:35am
Quantum View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Dolph, I'm interested in one of your 7" rigs. Do you need to run a weight in front of it, if so what have you got that would be suitable. regards Bruce.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 12:19pm
Dolph View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yes, you still need to run a weight in front of it. I could ship you one but wouldn't be worth the shipping.. If you can get an inline sinker somewhere local to you with a snap swivel on one end or ill just send you a large double snap swivel.. you attach it right to the dredge arm. I also put a bulb squid over it to add some color. You could use a 64oz inline, depends on two things. How close you want to run it to the boat and how fast you want to troll.. We also sell 8 pound down rigger fish which some people use($26.00 USD) but again, not worth the shipping cost.. I'll post photos.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quantum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 12:36pm
Quantum View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great thanks for the info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 12:55pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am making my own strips to run on my dredge  so far I have done quite a few trials and have a formula that looks good and has not de-laminated during testing.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 2:46pm
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So what colour do we all prefer baits to be,whatever they are
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 2:50pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

interesting footage on school fish joining in on the dredge..

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:49pm
Renegade View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Dolph, what are your thoughts on placing the weight in between the dredge tiers, have you tried this?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:26pm
Dolph View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Renegade Renegade wrote:

Hi Dolph, what are your thoughts on placing the weight in between the dredge tiers, have you tried this?

Yes, we do this when we pull a 2 tier mullet dredge. Works great, the benefit of a squid dredge or strip dredge is that you get a larger appearance without the multiple tiers, less drag, etc.. When you run the weight between tiers you need to run a short piece of leader (we use multi strand wire) to space the tiers correctly.

As far as color is concerned all blue or blue outside with black inside works well. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:49am
Platinum
Platinum

Ive been messing about at home making my own mylar Strip teasers.  The results so far have really exceeded my expectations. The final product is yet be tested on the boat but the strips handle serious abuse and have not come apart after 24 hours underwater and regular attempts to distroy them.  Oh and my 14month old chewing and carrying them around for days on end.  What do you think?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:05am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Me likey ^
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:08am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They look great Jake.
Had a bit of experience with Mylar. The Mylar is the weak link in these. It does not like creasing, so a fold or otherwise will be its failure point.
So may I suggest keep them coiled, and inspect frequently for crease or fold.
There are a range of mylars that vary in there gauge,so you have options to go thicker but certainly there will be a comprimise in there flexibility.
As the gauge increases they will certainly be able to survive the flogging.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:12am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome film Lethal! V cool!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 12:34pm
Platinum
Platinum

Have just sorted a connection point and small head on them to make them swim and bubble..... certainly looking the goods on my dredge....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 1:58pm
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Look like the real deal. I have a strike point dredge with Millar strips. Only wear so far is one one that was tangled when deployed. I would be interested to get a couple of strips from you for some product testing.. If they go the distance you will have a very saleable product.
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 4:14pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 4:56pm
ninja View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looking great jakepitsville

we decided to make our own and this is what we came up with 
rigged with 6mm soft 3 strand rope spliced onto a 85oz lead cone,
8mm stainless arms ,24kg double ball-bearing swivels , 300lb trace and 28 8inch ballyhoo soft lures

we are going to make another one with fixed (but removable) arms 

yet to be run it might be a cock upLOL but that will be Tuesdays mission test day

and this is the lure we are going to run behind it for a start a t3 blue leader

*the hook does go further into the lure

buying lures is one of those things only beaten by lying-down activities
Page  <1234 8>