Charts - Wellington

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jeff_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charts - Wellington
    Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 3:17pm
Jeff_ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Since the Land Information NZ website doesn't know how to host a JPG properly i have converted the TIFFs and thought i would share.

4633 - Wellington Harbour - http://1.ii.gl/WyqRtGLye.gif

4634 - Wellington Harbour Entrance - http://1.ii.gl/tlEeLpJwT.gif 

These are crown copyrighted but freely available here: http://www.linz.govt.nz/sea/charts/paper-charts/nz202-chart-catalogue?Chart=4633&page=index.aspx

Let me know anyone wants any different maps and i may check back and do em.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:04pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

try this site, if you want more detail then click the icon in the left hand bottom corner...

http://webapp.navionics.com/
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Toyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:43pm
Toyz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If you have a smart phone I highly recommend downloading the navionics app. Costs around $20 but its well worth it in my opinion.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jeff_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:44pm
Jeff_ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

awesome thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ohau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 11:41pm
Ohau View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Jeff A few years ago I was asked by Search and Rescue people to put the local names for the bays and points from Island Bay around to Titahi Bay on our marine charts.  The Police use these charts as the local names do not appear anywhere else.  There are about six charts.  I would like to post them on the site but not sure how to attach a file as I have only looked at the site.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:28am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Originally posted by Ohau Ohau wrote:

Jeff A few years ago I was asked by Search and Rescue people to put the local names for the bays and points from Island Bay around to Titahi Bay on our marine charts.  The Police use these charts as the local names do not appear anywhere else.  There are about six charts.  I would like to post them on the site but not sure how to attach a file as I have only looked at the site.  
lets see if i can help,
after you've written like you have done here, you Post it right? 
now go to post options just above this box,
click on it and it will give you 3 options the one your after is Edit Post, click on that,
this will give you lots of toys to play with, the one your after is the green Tree in a box click it,
another box will appear called image properties,
it gets a bit tricky now because you need to know were to find the image you want to post, 
either you have saved it to your computer or its out on the internet some place,

if its on your computer Choose File and go find it, when you have clicked on the image to post on this site, hit Upload and it will appear in the Preview box you then hit OK at the bottom and presto it up here... 

now if its out on the internet,
you will need to follow some easy to learn lessons.
first one is open the page you interested in and right click on the Map in your case right click on it and options will appear, one should read copy image URL, CLICK it and you have like saved it onto you Finger, 
come back here and right click in the box called image URL, make sure you get rid of the http;// already in the box, when you right clicked it has a option called Paste hit that then hit Preview
if that fails you, then copy the page address http;// and just post it here under your writings,

if your still having problems as i know not everyone is computer elite PM me. or ask more questions,
you sound like you have some interesting info there,

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:51am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

after thinking about it i am guessing even if you manage to post the map onto here it will have been re-sized and we will not be able to read what you want us to read,

so better you just post the URL to the page and let us find it....

hope that makes sense....