Pukehina bar

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublebrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pukehina bar
    Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 12:51pm
doublebrown View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi
Friends have booked a back at pukehina for new years. Wanting to take my dingy down. What is the bar crossing like? I have a 13' fryan

Also is there good fishing around the area?

Any info would be most welcome.
Thanks
Always pack a raincoat!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 7:13pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Mate, i do alot of fishing here, To be honest the bar is pretty ****, i crossed it yesterday on the jetski and it would of been 350mm deep (was low tide), you would be better off launching on the beach when calm,
high tide can be ok  ive seen guys go over in 5.5m ali boats,
but tends to be pretty ****, but this is coming from me who doesnt use it,

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublebrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:46pm
doublebrown View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers Tony

Would even dream about using it at low tide. If the surf is low will put in on the beach for sure. Think I will bring the boat down and make a call when we want to head out.
Always pack a raincoat!!!