Gamefishing Update - West Coast- Raglan to Ahipara

Page  123 46>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamefishing Update - West Coast- Raglan to Ahipara
    Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 4:43pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Game-fishing reports, updates, pics here and good luck for the 2014-2015 season.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 6:58pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thought I may Aswell get in early, I'm available this game (marlin) season if your looking for numbers to fill up the boat.
young, fit, have own rod reels & big assortment of lures and livebait rigs, split fuel cost ect, doesn't snore (overnighters) Keen as, dont get sea sick, enjoy a good laugh, sleeps overated, marlin hungry, dont mind the f-bombs heading my way, plus 23 sick days at work that need to be used =)

Pm me or 027 4258132
Tony, (Hamilton)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tylz00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 6:23pm
Tylz00 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Question..how far are you westcoast guys going out to get into marlin and tuna in peak season?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 6:52pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well in truth both are available from the back of the bar too at least the 100m mark. Or were food is.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tylz00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:01pm
Tylz00 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Well in truth both are available from the back of the bar too at least the 100m mark. Or were food is.
how far is the 100m mark from shore?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:16pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

About 15 miles out from the Manukau entrance
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote samax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:19pm
samax View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Peak season you can get lucky last season I caught my fish in less than 60m. And did almost all of my trolling in less than 100 and also picked up quite a few albacore and skippies in the process. As for the 100m mark maybe 15miles from the bar?. I trolled on the weekend to see if I could find any tuna straight out from 60 to 350 odd meters without a sniff, plenty of dolphins and whales around and a huge school of krill best temp around 18.2 maybe next weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tylz00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:47pm
Tylz00 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers guys, dont have a boat yet but when I do I will be hitting up the westcoast. Gotta learn about the manukau bar first.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:52pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Think there's a whole Lot of learning you may need to do before going west coast.
Assuming you haven't owned a boat use this forum to increase your knowledge and do a coastguard course at least.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tylz00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:58pm
Tylz00 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have been west abit beach launching from muriwai an bethels but only for inshore fishing an diving, grown up out west so have a respect for its unpredictability an how dangerous it can be so would never attempt the bar without knowledge an know how. One day when I own a boat il do the coast guard course aswell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 9:51pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good to see a keen and safe attitude.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 10:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Not wanting to take this off topic but Waiuku Coastguard have a Manukau Bar crossing day on January 11 based at Te Toro.

Details here
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 7:40pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone go for a look out wide on the weekend?
Signs were looking good out of raglan in at 50-60m lots of bait around, clear water and temps starting to creeping up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 2:57pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Has anyone heard of tuna schools and where they are at? Heard of one boat picking up albies in 80m off the Manukau Bar in the weekend. I forgot to look at water temp when we were snapper fishing 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 3:21pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Water temp was 18 degrees at 60m on Sun 7th and 19 degrees at 40m on Sat 13th - water felt nice and warm to.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 3:57pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

19 down Kawhia way, in pretty close as well, 35m didn't have to go out any further snaps are were it's at.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote rhinochaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:29pm
rhinochaser View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We had 17.8 in
 50m of carters at Raglan on Friday. Blue ish water and bait schools on the way to 21.
Starting to feel fishy on the west, not long now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote samax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 9:14pm
samax View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

we trolled lures from 60 out saw birds at around 90m and worked them for 5 albacore could have caught more but home time loomed too early. also got a 70 odd kg mako to the boat for release best temp around 18.5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 10:26pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 10:59pm
Arron View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I weighed an albie for CSFC boat 'Sick Dayz' today, it went 7.14kg. They trolled way out but reported there were albacore galore from 60m with big schools of saury jumping and lots of albie action with gannets at 80m, where the best water was. They said it was 19.5 degrees out there. We're getting close!

They were real basterds though because they told a little tinny they caught their fish off Clarks Beach, and off that tinny went. Got to love the Counties spirit Big smile

Sounds good for a mission tomorrow but I'll stay at home, be a good boy and mow the lawns. My boat will be out - sans Smudge - but only harbour fishing - expensive time of year this Xmas time Confused. Still, our turn will come.

Page  123 46>