Gamefishing Update - West Coast- Raglan to Ahipara

Page  <1 3940414243 46>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:28am
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by A C A C wrote:

Originally posted by peeda peeda wrote:

[

I'm selling up shortly. I'll be in the UK for the next year or two soon. Leave in June!!

Did the trip out wide mess with your head mate ? LOL

LOLLOLLOL going wide does that to most of us doesn't it AC in ways we cant comprehend at times!!!
Every time I come home from going wide I seem to want to buy more gear Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 2:10pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Gowest Gowest wrote:

[

I'm selling up shortly. I'll be in the UK for the next year or two soon. Leave in June!!

LOLLOLLOL going wide does that to most of us doesn't it AC in ways we cant comprehend at times!!!

Listen to .... heads on channel 63 all dayClown,theres a few that need a wet skippy slapped behind the ears ,that drives you mad Angry.
Anyone going wednesday ,looks good .Going solo huia 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Merci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 2:23pm
Merci View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We had a look over the Manukau last friday, worked the 95 - 100m line north to the hook area. Lots of skippies and had a stripey on for a bit in the morning. Area looked really good. Ran the tank out of gas in the arvo about 15miles out (my fault forgot to top up in time), must have sucked somehting up which put the engine in safe mode and had to crawl back at 6knots! Thanks to the boat that waited for us while we crossed the bar.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote peeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 12:02am
peeda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by the demon the demon wrote:

Originally posted by Gowest Gowest wrote:

[

Listen to .... heads on channel 63 all dayClown,theres a few that need a wet skippy slapped behind the ears ,that drives you mad Angry.
Anyone going wednesday ,looks good .Going solo huia 

Haha I think I have more fun watching your big boats crossing and smashing your way through the bar when I'm having fun bouncing on top the swell at twice your speed LOLLOL

I've got the itch to go even wider but I'm pretty limited to what I can target in the thundercat and limited gear. Need some bigger lures!!

The UK was on the horizon before I got the boat, was meant to be a bit fun for summer (which it has been). I guess I'll just have to save my pennies (and pounds) for a nice tinny when I get back.

Hopefully see some of you guys out there soon. Come say hello or throw me a beer :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 1:55pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

on the 100 meter straightout the back of manuka, live baited a skippy for 40 minutes noluck , acres of skippys, headin up the coast on 100 meter line , glassy now 1.5 meter swell (slow) see what the avo does
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 2:19pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hammer the area bro they will get hungry Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 2:33pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Plough the fields, and give us an update later.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 4:28pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

they r here, just had one jump 4 times 50 meters off my bow, estbweight 80 kg , looked thin lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 4:36pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go get em, still heaps of light
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 8:41pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good day  out ,definately not 2.5 meters swell out there ,more like 1.5 to 2 .Got smaller as the day wore on .Never seen so many skippies and there size was XXXL.Along the 100 meter contour for miles and miles.They were late turning up this year  because where ever they came from must be full of tucker to looking at the size of them .No albies today .Water was 22 on the hundred,20.4 in 60meters and a crappy green colour .Good day in all .
Why was the paddock locked at huia ?makes me nervous parking down the road 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 6:17am
Koda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

our season so far off the manakau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 6:24am
Koda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 11:26am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice to meet you last Sunday - thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

What fuel usage at trolling speed do you get out of the optimax?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 3:09pm
Koda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We use about 95 liters for a dawn to dusk dsy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 8:05pm
scorpian View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Koda is that a 665 ? What HP is on the back.

Anybody going out tomorrow ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sposman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 8:34pm
sposman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My crew bailed on me last minute anybody got any space for tomorrow out west. cheers Leigh 0210681229
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sinful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 9:00pm
sinful View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Headed out this morning at High tide through the Southern Chanel of the Manakau .....Called it in on Coast Guard Radio ...Boat is a 7 metre Alloy with 200 Hp Yamaha .........I have done numerous crossings in all sorts of conditions .....today was not good ..so bad in fact that after crossing the bar and safely on the other side I decided to head back in ....my concern was that if it was this bad at high tide , what would low tide be like ?
I called Coast Guard and re entered the bar ...following a huge swell we rode the beast back in and called Coast  guard advising them that we were safely ashore .
Later today  , at low tide , a boat returning from a snapper fishing trip outside the manakau bar , flipped while travelling through the souther channel of the bar ....... , one occupant rescued , another missing .

BE CAREFULL OUT THERE !

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted
armed men, and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
- Hemingway.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 10:43pm
scorpian View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wow, thanks for that Sinful
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 11:12pm
Koda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by scorpian scorpian wrote:

Yea 665 with a 235 optimax
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 11:24pm
Koda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Koda Koda wrote:

Originally posted by scorpian scorpian wrote:

Yea 665 with a 235
optimax

Oooops 135 optimax
Page  <1 3940414243 46>