Gamefishing Updates - Mercury Bay

Page  <12345 22>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 8:20am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some very nice fish being caught there. Hope to be that lucky or well planned.
Going to mercs for a solo hunt on Tuesday.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 8:27am
full sacks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Done Friday 14 hrs trolling from Aldies to the hook out and in, little football skippys about every 30 minutes, seen some good size dorado no marlin . There where about 6 stripies tagged and weighed yesterday fish seem to be North of the hook ,water temp 20.5 deg and that was everywhere and its a milky blue. Ch 61 repeater on half power for the next 2 weeks so radio is frustrating to say the least .            
      The end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 8:42am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If channel 61 is on half what does that mean on the Water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 9:01am
Platinum
Platinum

Mattoo once your at Aldies end or wide you can't trip the repeater and there is a lot of back ground interference
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 9:06am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks full sacks, going solo like my safety net in place.
Think my hunt will be from mercs to Cuvier and wide so looks like I will be outwide and quiet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 9:08am
Platinum
Platinum

The repeater is at opito so you should be not to bad chief good luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 12:54pm
Adam... View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good fish,if yas in the tournament 10k fish right there

[/QUOTE]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 1:58pm
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Those boys weren't entered in the comp, unfortunate for them. Mattoo we went wide from matarangi, we had reception out on the hook and out over the 300m line and all the way back down between mercs and Cuvier. The bigeyes were caught out on 1000m I think
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sea2Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:30pm
Sea2Sky View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Late report, but as it's been quiet on here for 24 hrs, thought I'd contribute... Had our first hit out on Saturday. On water from Tairua at 5. Lures in at 100m E of aldies then up the 130m contour to the pins. A few skippy schools around the pins, ~20-20.5 deg. Did some donuts around pins before heading out to 550m NE of pins. A few sharks on surface, nice colour water and max 21.2 deg around 1pm, no bill fish. Live baited skippies at back of Aldies in 125m before heading in for kids tea time! Real happy with the new off season lure purchases... Shame work gets in the way of this gamefishing malarchy! A more exciting report soon I hope, early days...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 9:41pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Rob Vandenberg and I went out for a look today but it was pretty quiet. Out to the Hook and then on up to the dumping ground and back in to Red Merc. Water was better up past the Hook and up to 21.4 and plenty of birds but bait was deep pretty much all day at ~80m so no cigar for us.

From what I heard, one marlin dropped and one caught late in the day at the knolls.

86nm but a great day to be on the water. Fish are definitely there, just a matter of right place/right time.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 7:47pm
KingySlayer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Spent pretty much the last 6 days straight heading wide (ranging from 100m to 1,000m). Reports have been strong for out deep for Tuna as we are all well aware. But at the same time we haven't turned a blind eye to the 100m + mark in search for a "Big Rig". Have nailed a few skipies and a couple of Albies going 9.8 and 11.2 kilo so far out on the 1,000m line. Its definitely fishy out there as we came across a free jumper yesterday, a couple of solid whales. Also a couple of the boys from Whangamata have come across a lot of Mahi Mahi in the 1,000m mark (one instance they came across 30 or so mahi's having their piece of a dead Albertrose). But most exciting for me is my first BillFish, a Shortbill Spearfish and also a new fish for everyone on board. We caught this on the 4th at 2.30pm. We were directly east of the Aldie Pins in 135m of water. It hammered a G-Force "Blade" on the short rigger. It came in around 5 or so times before the lure was hammered. Caught on 24 kilo.

She tipped the scales at 25.10 kilo. Pretty stoked and like i say my first billfish. STOKED
www.assassinsportsfishing.com
www.facebook.com/assassinjigteam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote *stu* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:06pm
*stu* View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That a very good shortbill.

We had a crack behind aldies yesterday. Most of day between 1000-1300m. Got a few albies around 10-11kg but no yfin. Mates dropped a small yfin at boat near us. Saw a big manta ray on way in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:09pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Aaron beaut Shortbill that will smoke up supreme!Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:29pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice shortbill AaronThumbs Up mate got smoked today by what could only be a blue, 2 1/2hr on 37kg and went deep and busted off on the 1000m line east of Aldies
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:28pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Nice shortbill AaronThumbs Up mate got smoked today by what could only be a blue, 2 1/2hr on 37kg and went deep and busted off on the 1000m line east of Aldies
Bugga - very disappointing!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:40pm
Murph View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Stoked for you guys, that's a real nice spearfish!!
http://www.facebook.com/GForceLures
http://www.gforcelures.co.nz/
[email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:20pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hell yeah Congrat's what a fish to tick off the billfish with. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capn_jack_sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 2:07pm
Capn_jack_sparrow View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Richard oneill (roo)has a blue in the boot onboard leilani est 180 kgs on the way back in for a weigh from out at the hook ! Caught on bonze scorpion ! https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10848725_10152655881052775_765982852608188054_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 3:38pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Aaron, heard the report while I was NE of cuvier, certainly is a great catch.
Sounds like you have put in some great miles there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otdrmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 4:32pm
otdrmn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Nice Aaron, heard the report while I was NE of cuvier, certainly is a great catch.
Sounds like you have put in some great miles there.

How did you go Matt?
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting
Page  <12345 22>