Gamefishing Updates - Bay of Plenty

Page  <1 181920
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:33am
AlexFyssher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Gowest Gowest wrote:

Originally posted by wopass wopass wrote:

Originally posted by dilbert dilbert wrote:

Where is everyone? I'm out north of Mayor it's Flat calm and water temp is nearly 17... No other boats as far as I can see...

17deg??!! 

bloody fishtrack recons max of 15 around mayor at the mo... useless technology!!

good on ya for getting out there man, hope to be there in the next couple weeks....ish

How do you know which figure is correct? 17c does sound very warm

Yea seems a little warm. We had only 13 point something the other day at the mercs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 3:38pm
dilbert View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I can only tell you what my transducer was reporting... started at about 13.5 in the harbour (which lines up with what the http://www.port-tauranga.co.nz/Environment/Harbour-Conditions/ was reporting) and was up to just over 16 odd by the time we were out at Mayor. Consistently reading between 16.4 and 16.8 on the Knolls and points north... peaked out at 16.9 once or twice...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jiggy Jig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 5:06pm
Jiggy Jig View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

any fish?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 5:08pm
dilbert View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The albacore were unfortunately as plentiful as other boats in the area... saw no fish and no sign of fish all day. Tried the Knolls and continued north along the 500m line searching to NE of Mayor. Water was looking beautiful blue and over 16 degrees up to 16.8 in places, but no fish or bird action all day.

Great day to be on the water though, sunny off and on but warm and winds ranging from dead calm to light right through until about 3pm. Would have been nice to add some fishing action to the picture though!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 5:28pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Day length has a bit to do with better catch rates.

May be worth having another  look as the day length creeps toward 13 hrs. around a moon phase.

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

I can only tell you what my transducer was reporting... started at about 13.5 in the harbour (which lines up with what the http://www.port-tauranga.co.nz/Environment/Harbour-Conditions/ was reporting) and was up to just over 16 odd by the time we were out at Mayor. Consistently reading between 16.4 and 16.8 on the Knolls and points north... peaked out at 16.9 once or twice...

Well maybe your transducer is telling the truth then.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spinoza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 5:44pm
Spinoza View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Saw them in about 80m off the back of motiti as I was heading to the tarakihi spot on Saturday , they were boiling on the surface and moving around very quickly. Was a bit gutted as I only brought 2/0 flasher rigs and bait casters.. Learnt my lesson to always be prepared as big angry fish say...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 3:05pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

any one doing the tauranga clubs puker , tuna / albies/ contest this week end , are  there any albies out there ????

was out to schooner sunday  it all looked quite dead only one gumboot trying to chew the burly bag Clap f gumboots LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 3:32pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was at a meeting at the Tauranga club on Sunday and saw that they had weighed a 14 kg Albie on the 4 September, so there are some out there. I won't be fishing it as I am going to Whitianga fishing for the weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:18pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

weather dont look great , we could do it,
if we where to just go chase albies  but smaller boats ??????

all the same 14 kg is a nice albie  Tongue love those big albies they are just like little blue fin when they come up and can pull some string
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 10:59am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looks like there mit be a  window this weekend , well maybes,

any tips on puker,

as for  the life of us we have been having real trouble pulling a decent wreak fish over  the last few years,

years ago in the old boats we have had a bit of luck on  puke but  not recently sounder and bottom contour maps are working good 

the albies i  think  we can have a go  at 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GSPOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 1:06pm
GSPOT View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What weather window are you looking through???

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 1:32pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by GSPOT GSPOT wrote:

What weather window are you looking through???

Yea looks pretty average to me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 5:05pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

53 foot we are old sea dogs ,Clap but i beleive tgf club has pulled the pin  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Merci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:00pm
Merci View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We will likely be out for a look Monday/Tuesday if that weather holds
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote calcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 10:08am
calcal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone heading out this week?
Plan to head to mayor and try for some spring kings is that a foolish idea? (First time out east coast)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:04pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

fishing is fishing  try south of mayor about 1/4 / 1/2 a km of and use your sounder to find some fish big angry fish lads did ok  in that area last year or year before , it slops of there
Page  <1 181920