Gamefishing Updates - Tutukaka

Page  <1 24252627>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KyleS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 6:34am
KyleS View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Defiantly sounded like there was a'lot going on out there. We went snapper fishing and decided to listen to the radio and now I'm kicking myself! Will be out this weekend for one last shot hopefully. Didn't sound like the fish were concentrated in one area? reports were coming in from all over the place. Congrats to those who landed a sword Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 6:57am
Bakes View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Finally got the first one to my little boat on Friday after a few close encounters on the last 2 trips. First marlin for my brother which was choice too. It came in on a lumo which we teased a bit until it finally came back and monstered it. We went out again on Sat but it sounded like we missed the bite while trying to get livies around lunchtime. Still plenty of bait, birds and fish out there.
I love catching fish. But fishing isn't always about catching.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:35am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Well done Bakes !  ! ! Top effort ":) 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jayr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:35pm
Jayr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice Stev, well done & nice to tag em aswell. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 9:19pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my sons fish from Saturday..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:28am
northbound View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds like it is heating up!

Any word on depth / area the bait is holding? 

Heading out this weekend for another shot!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Northland Converted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:34am
Northland Converted View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice Bakes - what depth were you in? did you have much bait on the sounder?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:33pm
Bakes View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

160m at the NW end of the V. Not a lot of bait on the sounder. There was more bait and gannets working further south in 130m from what we saw. Radio had reports of fish from 300m in to 120m on Fri/Sat so they seem pretty spread out. Sunday is looking good.
I love catching fish. But fishing isn't always about catching.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:16am
Silver
Silver

Spent two days out of Toots over the weekend for one last crack for the season.

Sat worked up towards Cape Brett for nuda, and Sunday stayed a bit shallower (140-150ish) off Ruru and managed to tag a fish, first for the angler and 3rd for the boat this season!  

Hooked up about 11am and stripped about 3/4 of the 24kg spool before we started getting some back. Had it to the boat in about 35 mins, tagged, photo and released!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KyleS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:58pm
KyleS View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice fish northbound. Managed to drop two fish on Sunday out solo, one at the boat and the other after about 5 minutes. Still a few around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:34pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by KyleS KyleS wrote:

Nice fish northbound. Managed to drop two fish on Sunday out solo, one at the boat and the other after about 5 minutes. Still a few around.

Good stud Kyle. Think Ill give the solo mish a go next year... should be interestingLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:02pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Well done Northbound !  Nice to see them still coming to the boat !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KyleS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:11pm
KyleS View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yea was abit of a eye opener GoWest.. Just have to be well prepared and have a plan which I found out out the hard way
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote savager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:33pm
savager View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice .What sort of temperature are the fish in ??
if its not worth eating its not worth killing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:22pm
Silver
Silver

High 19s. Sounder only rarely showed the temp breaking 20 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Northland Converted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:25pm
Northland Converted View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Water was 19 where we tagged ours (same boat as northbound) water got up to 20 degrees but fish weren't there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:39pm
martyn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

well done Wahu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:42pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by KyleS KyleS wrote:

Yea was abit of a eye opener GoWest.. Just have to be well prepared and have a plan which I found out out the hard way
Bugger!
I went Snapper fishing. Cry
Any tips on what went wrong at the boat for us nutters that do a bit of no mates? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Risers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:34pm
Risers View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went for a sniff out wide today seeing that the weather window was looking good. Saw there was a bit of warm water just north of Whangamumu so decided that was the go despite every man and his dog deciding to head south around the knights. Spent all day pulling plastic and looking for a bait. Got a lollipop skippy, rigged it up. Thaught if theres skippies there must be something else hanging round so deployed him asap. Not long after had a decent muzzie swingin off the end of my shimano

Ended up tipping the scales at 112.8kg. Pretty stoked really. Set a life goal of getting one over 100kg solo, so to have it happen on my first go solo and first season game fishing is pretty sweet. Oh this also my first ever marlin so yeah pretty happy.

Also cheers to Toots weigh station for the guest weigh and big ups to Kurt and the crew on Hookin Bull for helping me drag the muzzie onboard after the fight and for keeping an eye on me while I was hooked up.

Risers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:44pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spectacular!!!!! Congrats Nice late season fish. I heard a couple were also seen but not hooked out kumera patch way 
today too.

Page  <1 24252627>