Gamefishing Updates - Tutukaka

Page  <1 2021222324 27>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 6:57pm
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Done a big day on the marina today... I think only 2 small boats had the balls to go out today.. Lots had a look then headed back to the ramp. Must say if i was on supermodel i would be on the ramp too.
One stripie tagged today nw of the knights.
Beautiful evening on the marina tonight on the Bertram 35. We will be out there tomorrow looking to hook up one for our junior angler..no1 son. He's not looking too good either might not make it to school on Monday
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 9:00pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good luck Phil (and No1 son) at least tomorrow there will be a few more boats out looking hard.
I turned chicken after poking my nose out this morning too. Wouldn't have been any fun out there today that's for sure. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote luv2fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 5:19am
luv2fish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by supermodel supermodel wrote:

Done a big day on the marina today... I think only 2 small boats had the balls to go out today.. Lots had a look then headed back to the ramp. Must say if i was on supermodel i would be on the ramp too.
One stripie tagged today nw of the knights.
Beautiful evening on the marina tonight on the Bertram 35. We will be out there tomorrow looking to hook up one for our junior angler..no1 son. He's not looking too good either might not make it to school on Monday

Haha, don't know if it was balls or no brains......
Lots of skippies, big work ups with dozens of dolphins etc...
No marlin or tuna....
Going to give it another crack today
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 2:08pm
Gold
Gold

Good conditions today. North of the knights today out to about 300 until the water lost color and temp. Heading back into Mumu home point area now.. Good water again. One little Mahimahi and a good Albie both on the Bonze lures
Will update if any more action
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 5:15pm
Gold
Gold

Dropped a nice little stripie after about 20 minutes. Gave the lad a good work out... SL12hooks and the Bonze d shackle behind the dredge hook came back a little bent. Fish jumped about 30 m off the side and got some slack line and that was all she wrote.... Not convinced on these SL 12 hooks.. Re rigged with my last pair of Bonze.... Towing into ruru for the night and try again tomorrow..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 8:52pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Found some fish late today but they wouldn't eat the plastic or the livebaitsAngry. Angry
Surely my offerings had to be better than those pesky bait balls.
Out to "the spot" tomorrow so hoping they are not so one eyed. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 8:02am
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did a good day out yesterday, out to the 250 northwest of the knights,lots of bait balls 140m bait in 180 m ,didn't see target species.Tons of weed out there from pam ,keep a good eye on your lures !!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:38am
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bit untidy out there yesterday and only 15 boats fished the day. Couldn't buy a bite and the Gannets were still there but not working. There was a few fish snagged though just not by us. Rest day today for us. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 9:40pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok I lied Fished yesterday and today. Mint conditions today but fish had their heads down with only 1 Mahi 1 blue shark and 1 marlin for tuts today. As usual (well for this year anyway) We got and saw nada. Next trip prob Sunday or Monday and Tuesday. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:56am
northbound View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys, thinking about a trip out of toots tomorrow. Will it be tough work in a 9m? Looks doable from the forecast but would be good to hear form someone on the ground. Wind looks OK just looks like a reasonable swell
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seasider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:01am
Seasider View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by northbound northbound wrote:

Hi guys, thinking about a trip out of toots tomorrow. Will it be tough work in a 9m? Looks doable from the forecast but would be good to hear form someone on the ground. Wind looks OK just looks like a reasonable swell
Im sure you will be ok I will be out in my 4.5mtBeer 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:09am
Silver
Silver

Cool thanks mate. Tight lines.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:28am
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like yesterday was another hard day out I heard that only 1 fish was tagged.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:15pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Looks like yesterday was another hard day out I heard that only 1 fish was tagged.

Bugger. Any word on where the bait is holding? Water looks OK straight behind the nights..?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:14pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Team YEEHAA Boys out there today 2-2-2
Lure: Bonze Torjan
         Bonze  BTK
#BONZE lightgauge

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:51pm
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:48pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cool,well done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote northbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:25pm
Silver
Silver

Well done, general area?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:38pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done guys.

What depth were you. I'm out there tomorrow trying to put my son onto one.
J
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:25am
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

170m of ruru

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Page  <1 2021222324 27>