Gamefishing Updates - Tutukaka

Page  <1 2324252627>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 6:44pm
Bakes View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Been a bit quiet on here lately. There's still a few fish around. Three stripies caught today according to radio chat. Managed to drop one on a horse Skippy after coming up tight and saw a few others but couldn't tempt them away from the mackerel schools.
I love catching fish. But fishing isn't always about catching.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 7:37pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Bakes at least you had some action. More than my mate managed off Mumu today.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:47pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was planning to go up for the weekend untill metservice updated this afternoon...
Sounds like it will be a washing machine tomorrow...  and SEters Sunday... not good.
Its good to hear a few caught today...  

What area were you fishing Bakes? ruru?

Cheers, J

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 3:18pm
Bakes View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep, 120-150m straight out. Follow the boats and the gannets.
I love catching fish. But fishing isn't always about catching.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 8:36pm
Platinum
Platinum

Im pretty sure there were 7 stripeys 2 swords and a mahi caught at Toots on Saturday..  dont know what happened Sunday..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:04pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

going by channel 4 that amount could be April.
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:13pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Few more were dropped also.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:14pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

2/5/15 nice one weighted at BOI,

An impressive Broadbill weighed in at 289.4kg over the weekend for Whangarei Deep Sea Anglers Club angler John Kimberley aboard Natalie B

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluewater5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:33pm
Bluewater5 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Now that's a fatty, short bill though, must have broken it at some stage!
I own 501 lures, but i can only run 5 at a time. What to do??? Man I have some sleepless nights!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crazy Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 10:01pm
Crazy Horse View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thats a great fish and a good effort for all on board. Strange you should mention the length of the sword.
The one I caught was a similar length and I thought it had been broken off also. I had the head mounted and made inquires as to what the length should of been been with a fish of that weight. The guy that did the mount added on another 600 cm. I then had a com guy with a lot of experince in lining for swords call in and have a look at it. First thing he said when he saw it said it was a very young fish as to the length of its sword. I showed him how much had been added on and he then said it was a very old fish. According to him they just wear there swords out as they get older due to slashing other fish and also hitting the odd rock or two 600 t0 800 mts down.

Interesting guy with a lot of info.

Congrats again Bluewater5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Team Kahnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 10:40pm
Team Kahnage View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did Sat night on the hole. There was a dude on 24 fighting but after a fair few hours lost it. Had 3 shots that night but not in. bugger
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hard yardz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 10:55pm
hard yardz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anybody know where this fish was hooked?bloody good fish if it was from pin trench.great catch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 2:43pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

thanks for sharing that info Crazy Horse, live an learn, never ending story...
i see 2 or 3 were landed that same weekend so definitely a few around for those willing to put the hours in...

report from Scott Tindale 
Sword fishing the weekend with Evan Daysh, David Romeril & Sue Tindale
Lost most of our baits to the hungry squids but still managed to hook up 4 swords, boating one. 
the Girls ruled during the fine weather with 3 swords weighed at Tuts from lady anglers on 3 boats.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 2:51pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah... we got one on Saturday. My son was the angler. Was 117kg .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 4:32pm
billhunter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice sowrds guys. Yep we were the ones on 24KG giving it a go. i had my gopro on my head when it jumped and got a few good still shots. after 5 1/2 hours to get busted off by a bird flying into the line was devestating but thats fishing. i have a photo of your boat atheena with you guys on your fish if you want it? i gave it to Daniel Wallace to give to you. not sure if he did
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:01pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

well done part-timer & billhunter is that your teams firsts?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote billhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:34pm
billhunter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

first time even trying mate. Got some advice from a friend who does a bit he showed me how to stitch a bait, showed me how to make a rig. so made em all up and it worked. so pretty stoaked bout it. bit of a bugger that it didnt work out after that longer fight. but we will be back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:28pm
Platinum
Platinum

First sword for our boat Lethal...  only tried 4 times in the last 2 years... had a couple of bites..  but who knows what they were...  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:42pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by billhunter billhunter wrote:

Nice sowrds guys. Yep we were the ones on 24KG giving it a go. i had my gopro on my head when it jumped and got a few good still shots. after 5 1/2 hours to get busted off by a bird flying into the line was devestating but thats fishing. i have a photo of your boat atheena with you guys on your fish if you want it? i gave it to Daniel Wallace to give to you. not sure if he did

Shyte....  I really feel for you guys.. 5.5 hours ... and for a fricken bird to bust you off!!   thats heart breaking...    My son got a stripy in 30 mins in rough weather earlier this year..  this sword pushed him to the limit for 1.5 hours in glassy calm..   I would love to get any photos you have...  they would be priceless for me..  cheers J

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:44pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sword  fishing looked pretty good in weekend. I saw couple fish (broadies) weighed, but marlin fishing was equally  good too. 
We hooked up 3 times  (Sat and Sun) but dropped em al -and one on Sun was a really nice big fish -hit lures twice -and still didn't hook up -that's fishin but others had more luck.
They are still there!  Actually time for strikes best its been all season I'd say... fair bit goin on... dolphins sunfish and saury by all accounts
Page  <1 2324252627>