Which Reel to take?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gutlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Reel to take?
    Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 3:17pm
Gutlocker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys, bit of a newbie question.. 

Heading to Samoa mid Sept, and will be quite limited on luggage space, I plan to go fishing as much as possible there and go on a charter a couple times. 

I have a Saragosa 20000SW w 400M~ 80lb braid and a Stella 8000FA w 300m 50lb braid and was wonering which of the two would be a better reel to take over, I will take a Saltist Demon blood popper/stickbait rod and a jigstar 350 jigger. Unfortunately I will probably only have room for one of the reels.. I would like to get into a bit of landbased popping whever possible too.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viking... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:02pm
viking... View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have fished Samoa many times, you will love it. Like anywhere the remoter you go the better frm the shore, hire a car and if in Apia go have a few vailimas on a Friday night with the locals at the fishing club on the marina. If land based and after gts I wld go the 80lb set for sure, you have a short window to stop em. Some great land based spots at end of savaii with very big gts in residence. Plenty of good charters to choose also