bill hall book

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote groovyfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bill hall book
    Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:40pm
groovyfisherman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

for those of you looking for a copy of bill hall's marlin fishing book there is a copy for sale on trade me listing # 741369137. I know how hard it was for me to track down a copy and it was well worth it, great book.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:17pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went for $40 what a steal!
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:05pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dam late again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:10pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I also have one if anyone wants it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote groovyfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:53pm
Gold
Gold

krow if u want to borrow my copy let us know its a good read
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stormborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 10:21pm
Stormborn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Would love to get my hands on a copy. How much do you want for it? PM me please!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote groovyfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:04am
Gold
Gold

got my copy from russel book shop this time last year they did have one left could be a long shot that its still there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:02pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is it still available BA.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 6:32pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Don't mean to hijack the thread - I have a copy of this book, a good read for sure...anyway what other books of similar content/interest/style are around?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote groovyfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 7:24pm
Gold
Gold

found these books quite good espresso,
-saltwater game fishing
-big fish and bluewater
-billfishing
all by peter goadby.
-serious about gamefishing
-serious about sportfishing
both by sam mossman.
-saltwater gamefishing in nz, by fred wilkins with e.v sale.
-fighting fins, by neil illingworth.
the following are more stories but well worth a read as you still pick up quite a bit out of them,
-confessions of a billfisherman
-chronicles of a billfisherman
both by john angus.
-the nz grand slam of fishing, by alain jorion.
-matts kiwi fishing adventures, by matt watson.
-and anything by zane grey in nz.
some of theses books are quite old, back to the 60s i think but are well worth the read. some are on trade me at the moment.
would like to hear also of any books that one might reccommend on the subject of gamefishing.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 7:26pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Is it still available BA.

krow swooped on it mate even with no wings he was fast

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 7:51pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Alan Jorians book is good .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:46pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

He has not been able to be caught since he put that game chair in that runabout lol.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 9:16pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The scream of the reel by Jack pollard I found a great read.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Fishstalker18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:10pm
Fishstalker18 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

G'day
I'm Bill Halls grandson, Jamie and I have a few brand new, untouched books of Bill's Marlin Fishing that were never sold. If any of you are interested just let me know.
Regards
Jamie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 11:36am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Jamie and welcome to Fishnet, you must have a ton of great stories to share of the Legendary BillClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote drpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 8:04pm
drpc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Reviving a very old thread. Anyone have or know where I coud get a copy of Bills Book. I seem to have hunted high and low to no avail.
Many Thanks
Please support Leagasea
http://www.legasea.co.nz/