Poseidon dual drag reels has arrived

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poseidon dual drag reels has arrived
    Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 12:19am
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I managed to secure the dealership for Poseidon Reels. These reels are already established in US and Japan and extremely popular in Thailand.
We have 3 models: 300R, 400R and 500R. The 300R and 400R comes in 1 or 2 speed, the 500R is currently only single speed, but 2 and 3 speed models will follow soon.
All reels features HT100 drag washers, super tough Ti drag plates, dual AR bearings.

Slowly building the website and the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/nzbasszone

some pics and info about the reels

500R:

Ratio: 5.1:1

Braid capacity: 65lb/500y

Line capacity: 0.4/450m

One -Piece anodized aluminium frame

Dual Drag system

Double anodized spool

9+2 Stainless steel ball bearings

HT100&Ti-Drag Plates

Dual One- way roller bearing 

400R

Ratio 5:1

400R 2 Speed

Ratio 5:1/3.1:1

MAX DRAG : 25 pound

Line Cap:   0.3mm(12lb)-500yds

Braid Cap: 40lbs - 500yds

7+2 Stainless steel ball bearings

300R

Ratio 5:1

300R 2 Speed

Ratio 5:1/3.1:1

MAX DRAG : 25 pound

Line Cap: 0.3mm(12lb)-350yds

Braid Cap: 40lbs -350yds

7+2 Stainless steel ball bearings

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 7:12am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is it just me but they look exactly the same as a accurate ? Are they just a copy reverse engineered to sell at half the price ? If so that's cool as long as they are cheap I would give them a go .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reeldeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 7:17am
reeldeal View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

My thoughts exactly Mike .
www.madfin.co.nz Home of Avet reels New Zealand
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Boxee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 8:26am
Boxee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You should really set up a page rather than a profile, means you don't have to befriend everybody and then receive a stream of their inner most rubbish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 10:20am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What are these gonna be retailing for? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 11:01am
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Boxee, thanks for the comment, its sorted now.

The reels do look quite similar, but they are not a carbon copy of accurate. Seems Accurate has no objection against them since they are available in the states. 
None of the Poseidon reels has the freespool button and don't need to press the full drag button in. 

The 500R is a bit larger than the  BX500 and the 300R is slightly larger than BX400. The 400R is the same diameter as 300R but a bit wider. 

500R in action:

www.basszone.co.nz

home of reels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 11:42am
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The 500R retail price is $489, the 400R is $399 and the 300R is $389.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boxee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 12:26pm
Boxee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No stress, you'll be glad you did. Nice prices, on the 300 does the reel foot always have the protrusions or are they removable? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 1:32pm
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the protrusions are part of the foot to provide more meat for the fixing screws. its rather simplistic design... the 500R is quite different thou with the stainless steel foot.

www.basszone.co.nz

home of reels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 4:04pm
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just an update, finally the website is up. Please have a look at all available models: http://www.basszone.co.nz

www.basszone.co.nz

home of reels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 7:23pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Atis, must say the reels look a million bucks mate!
Bit confused about the max drag capacity. Above you mention 25lb max drag on the website link states 30kg which seem massive for a relatively compact dual drag system.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 8:46pm
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

How much for the universal tbar handle?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 10:24am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Marknado4000 Marknado4000 wrote:

How much for the universal tbar handle?

$89RRP  I am agent for them and all Poseidon reels
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 10:28am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by PE Pete PE Pete wrote:

Bit confused about the max drag capacity. Above you mention 25lb max drag on the website link states 30kg which seem massive for a relatively compact dual drag system.

Agree with you Pete, i sent a Poseidon150 away to get independent review and it delivered 9kg of drag with free spool and full spool of line, so with a near empty spool and drag control done right up, i would envisage at least 20kg drag, which is amazing for such a small reel. Not that anyone would ever use it especially since you would be using 20-30lb braid at max.
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote atis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 10:54am
atis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the comment, bit of a copy/paste glitch... will fix that soon. The aim is to use realistic numbers, not what is printed on the box. The small reels can do around 10kg drag. 
The 500r max drag comes around 30kg.

www.basszone.co.nz

home of reels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 6:13pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Agree with you Pete, i sent a Poseidon150 away to get independent review and it delivered 9kg of drag with free spool and full spool of line, so with a near empty spool and drag control done right up, i would envisage at least 20kg drag, which is amazing for such a small reel. Not that anyone would ever use it especially since you would be using 20-30lb braid at max.

As always doin our homework there Kev! Onya mate.
Certainly a bit confusing & probably needs to be changed on the web page I would have thought. You know what us train sporting fishos are like about this kinda thing
I bet those smaller models go great guns with your micro jigs Kev?
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 7:45am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Pete, i use the Poseidon 200 on a Synit for jigging with inchikus, kaburas, etc but i much prefer spin reels for micro jigs, bit hard casting 14-30g jigs with an overhead reel and you need to let the jig flutter down as natural as possible which is not possible really with an overhead as the weight of the jig has to pull line of the reel.
So much easier with spin mate and they are working well too
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 8:47am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep I hear ya Kev, probably more appropriate to have said slow jigs! Just proving my point about us all being train spotters
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:07am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Haha, dead right there mate

Just like some so called experts that sell  80g micro jigs. lol
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:38am
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've had a 150 for a couple of months now and was suprised to see the one tested only managed 9kg of drag.  I have PE3 braid on mine as Its primary usage is a shallow water gnarly foul stray lining reel, the braid breaks at 42lb.  These reels put out some serious stopping power.   I hooked up to a good sized snapper, struck it, not realising I had gone past the strike button to sunset and just about went over the side of the boat when the fish pulled hard and I didn't have good footing.  I have cubed up kings in the 80-90cm bracket and sunset drag will totally stop them in their tracks, they cannot pull line off.
Page  123>