Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 601602603604605 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:11pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:46pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hard luck on the knee Dan.. I have done ligaments before, ecruciate.. replaced. Now have dodgy hip which governs which side I get in kayak and dismount from. You will be fine and where there is will there is a way. Once your seated in yak you shouldn't need your knee.
Fishing off bays was prety tame this arvo.. disappointing really, which I put down to water quality... very green and too much sediment. Few smaller fish (snapper) there but none over 35 cm today (weird cause were few better ones the other day) so all caught today went back. Baits used today mix of half yellowtail, kahawai cubes and flounder heads and still couldn't buy a decent run. Kahawai werent't working either... jet skis in abundance though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MS79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:23pm
MS79 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Lots of birds diving on kawahai schools at Orere Point today.
Started off slow, just one kawahai in the first couple of hours.
Picked up around 10am and I finished up with eight kawahai and one snapper.
Kept a small kawahai and the snapper for dinner tonight and kept a couple of 2kg kawahai to put in the smoker.
Used half piper on a ledger rig and a blue Catch micro jig on my softbait rod
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:17am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went for an ANZAC paddle yesterday morning (shame on me for not going to Dawn Service). Cracking day on the water, hardly a breeze first thing so set off from our local down to Army Bay, ready to stop at anything that looked promising. nothing looked that promising. water was murky green, and lots of seaweed about. Good swell smashing the rocks from Tindals through to AB, so didn't get in too close.
Barely got a bite until about 9.30 when I landed a nice fat KY. A few micro snapper came and went but nothing of any keepable size. Saw the neighbour later in the evening and he had been off the rocks most of the day and landed a few good snaps later in the afternoon. 
Hard to complain about such a beautiful day out there though.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

LOL Jetskiers is it not way past their bedtime now? 

About dozen in one group went past.. quite courteos passed at least a hundred meters from me. Must of been some sort of race to gulf harbour and along inside of rangi then back along bays. I know jet ski fishers but struggle to understand honing round over miles of ocean...I do similar in my boat though trolling for hours aimlessly but mainly at 7 knots, so shouldn't throw stones at others enjoying self in own way, however pointless it may seem.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 6:12pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:43pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep weather is crap and water is dirty... makes you want to move up north wher fish frequent sheltered harbours and tea tree is free to smoke em.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:44am
Platinum
Platinum

Another weekend to spend in the back yard I think. Weather looks pants. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:50pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

getting real tired of the weather....might have to move back across the ditch and head a little north LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:44pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 7:14am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone keen to have a crack at the Grunter Hunter comp in the manukau harbour on June 11?

$2000 top prize...

Maybe we should form a team?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:35am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:16am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I want to go with other yakkers so when a GWS comes along I only have to go faster than the other guys Evil Smile

I'll be anchoring up on the banks and fishing the incoming with bait and burley, should be pretty low key.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:39pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:46pm
Platinum
Platinum

I'm away this weekend chasing a little white ball, up Kari Kari Peninsular. Weather looks pretty at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 7:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:13pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

Anyone keen to have a crack at the Grunter Hunter comp in the manukau harbour on June 11?

$2000 top prize...

Not for me Patrick, not a bad idea though.
I'm hanging out for east coast carrots too. I read someone had a few at NN last week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Captain Famous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 8:28pm
Captain Famous View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

$2000 top prize...

I may give it a go. Will catch up with you for more details. That's a Sunday so I've a good chance to make it.
Page  <1 601602603604605 849>