FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 587588589
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do any of you guys want to buy a 5 inch Lowrance Elite 5 inch fishfinder. It is only a FF not GPS but if any of you guys wanna upgrade its a good unit. BUT you will need a power cable which are about $40 so asking $160 for the unit includes transducer, box + instructions. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:54am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I launched at army bay yesterday around 4.30. Wind was pretty brisk and was more W than SW so there wasn't a lot of shelter to be had. I had only taken my new baitcaster setup thinking it would be a drogue out the front/dragging softbaits kind of session. Unfortunately the drogue was holding me side on to the wind chop that still remained from the northerlys I guess so I flagged that idea. I then had to teach myself how to cast a baitcaster because the dragging method wasn't getting any attention. Figured it out OK, you need to be smoother than the hard flick you can use on a spin set. Thumbe the spool at the start and the end of the cast. Got up to about 30m with 3/8oz jighead (wind assisted) Still very quiet on the fishing front - took one 35cm home and released about 4 under 30cm. They were only hitting it on the drop and it was a very soft bite, and you only got one chance.

Water was 19.9 and cooled off to 19.5 by the end of the evening.

Can't wait for it to pick up again - that is my third snapper session in a row where I have only caught one worth keeping.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy_Snappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:18pm
Hairy_Snappa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Muppet, is that one of those chirp models?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 4:07pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah it is Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:53pm
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tele with most baitcasters you should be able to give them rrrsholes in the cast.

I have a 4 year old curado and when I cast I just give it heaps. Curado has the ability to adjust the brake for casting... 

Legasea Legend, the rest of you should be too, $10 a month.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 18 minutes ago at 9:24pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fished this morning at the mussel farm off papa aroha.
No barges working so hard work to get the buggers to bite.
By 7 am had a nice 50cm and a 44 cm snapper. back to camp before the storm winds picked up.
Loads of kingi sign but to afraid to try it amongst the buoys.
Fish just off the beach are still too small at the moment
Page  <1 587588589