Allenco Boats... the Captains Dreamtime....

Page  <1 121314
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 5:27pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very impressive Stu this has been an amazing project to have followed, well done Sir!ClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 5:56pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The helm seats are standard ones from FCO, and they really are very comfy. :-)
Room... With the girls, two can easily sit on the front couch, one in the front pedestal, and there is still a pile more space!
Really, I am just itching to take her for a fang somewhere! The motor is awesome, all four strokes are smooth and quiet, but what got me was that putting this into gear with the binnacle control, you just pushed it forward....no button to lift as per normal remotes, and it went into gear. No THUNK!!! As it goes into gear.., it was actually pretty disconcerting. Am I in gear??? Oh, yes! I am! Eeek! Lol
The picture on the Simrad NSS 9 evo II is great, loved what I saw of the structure scan, but I am going to have to have way more of a play around with it to learn all the features on this sweet unit.
I am one very happy chappy! :-)
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:54pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Gee that is a smart boat CA. You have done a great job there.
Not to sure about the stilletto jandals on the new paintwork.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 11:18pm
Titanium
Titanium

I gotta say though guys, it is Harvey at Allenco who made all this stuff and put it all together from my hours of waffling instructions. I mean, fair do's, it was Harvey that made this boat, I was just the lunatic cheer section in the background....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 3:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Just flipped the boat back over, got a picture with Ramona in it for scale.... apt really, as the boat is to be named after her, the Ramonalola. :-)

Big hunk of tin man. Gunna be a thumper! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:40am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Well folks, we have a new super model to grace this thread.
yes, your very own Uncle was passing through Matamata earlier this week & took the opportunity to have a gink at Bespoke.
Stu as usual was busy with his camera & he forwarded this pic on so it could be shared & enjoyed.
Too bad Max n Mel & Becky & Ramona were all otherwise engaged, but there ya go...

Man, that is one impressive boat~~& it would just about fit in my backyard.
Well done Stu & of course Harvey & crew~~very niceClap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish Pimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 8:47pm
Fish Pimp View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

''Hell's Bells'' it is obvious the Model budget has been spent else where LOL
Come on Capt this sort of thing just aint on we've come to expect. There was a certain level of class in previous posts but this looks like a Bow down situation.Shocked
Back to normal transmission if you please... where the hell are Max n Me ?? LOLLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 12:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

Well, Bespoke is well and truly on the water now.... thought I would share a few photos....

she is very smooth cutting across wake and waves....with her helm so far aft, she gives an awesome ride, no more spine banging thru the base of the skull, hooray!

...a very satisfied Superhero......and for thems as misses the ladies pointing out the highlights....

...and the first fish on board....

There ya go!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 9:07am
Titanium
Titanium

Well, Grant Dixon liked the boat. See the write up in this months Boating magazine.(October 14 issue )

Now, if this crappy weather could just relent, I could use the darn thing.

Just had the 20hr service done on the boat. 20.8 hours, 58 l fuel used. 13hours of that under 2000rpm .... That would be trolling for trout at 1-2mph, hovers around the 1000rpm range.

Seems reasonable to me. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote leadchucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 12:24pm
leadchucker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice gills on that trout....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 1:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

Sure was a nice fish. Have got a few more since then , including a really nice brownie. If I wasn't on this iPad, I would pop up a pic or three.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:47pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stunning trout alright quite distinctive fins.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

Bump

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:15pm
Titanium
Titanium

Just re read the whole thing from the start,it has really been quite an evolutionary process, hasn't it?
Now I have used to boat a bit here and there, I have to say I am very pleased with it.
When we had it up in the far north , ran it for 6.4hours engine running time (I thought it was 6.7, because I thought it had been on 20.5 when I went up, but I see it was 20.8 hours instead), and in those 6.4hours, we had up to 7p.o.b., billy Ho, myself and five teenagers, going full noise, cruising slowly, pounding into chop and against tide, all of which used a total of eleven point eight litres of fuel....amazing fuel economy.
The ride in even a nasty chop was brilliant, and to my delight, stayed totally dry!
Love. This. Boat!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:27pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very nice rigs CA , has helped me narrow my selection little.
Was wondering next time you stop into Allenco if you could get a photo of 4 ladies (preferably), in the 6.25 cc if harvey has one . Just want to see how it would fit 4 soft baiters. I will be phoning Harvey in a few days to confirm a few details about survey etc , but wont physically be able to have a gander for a month. Sure there will be no complaints. Plan B , your opinion will do for now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:27am
Titanium
Titanium

He actually has a 6.2m C/C, 90% finished there at the moment that he has made for himself that he is willing to sell.
Ummm.... do I have a picture.....dammit, no, I don't. But it was the boat I saw early last year that got me into the frame of mind of getting Harv to build me a boat for the islands. And as he has been building it for himself, it will be built to the highest spec I reckon.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 6:56am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Dave, link on TM of the 6.2m below. I was going to buy it but sale of mine didnt eventuate

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-807062982.htm
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 8:03am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks anyway Captain , I have sent harvey a message and intend to visit/view soon . Always good to get other opinions. I have been lurking on this thread for a little while , trying to focuson boat photos rather difficultLOL I recall your comments about suitable numbers , however my seating wont be as comfy as yours. Working on 4+1. May have to stretch closer to 7m , single handed launching has to be taken into account.

Kev , cheeers for that link , have been looking at that listing. I would be looking at a similar T top to yours . 
My lifestyle rehash I spoke to you about will possibly be sooner rather than later. Have my 6.5 to sell after new year , she a runner now , fully rewired and ready to go. Have a nice time up coro .
Page  <1 121314