How do you know that Spring is here

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you know that Spring is here
    Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 12:11am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How do you know that Spring is here - You find yourself spending half an hour re-reading last years Game Fishing trip reports. Time to start on the boat chores soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 6:03am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Next couple of weeks look very winterish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 7:41am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Chores ! !  what chores ?.... Mine are all done  ! !!  Now for rigging........ lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 8:42am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yes Dave your not wrong, lots and lots to do and bugger all time.

the boat needs to be squared away and then the gear can be looked at.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:07am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How do I know - cos I have a charter for 12 booked this weekend and here comes the snow!
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:11am
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When you start including SST's in the daily weather check
A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:23am
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

All the usual suspects for spring is what !

Snaps around Tiri had the start of roe over the weekend 
Pohuts are flowering around Orewa 
Not getting home in the Dark 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:30am
PJay View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Yes, one of the big lady snapper I caught in the weekend was surprisingly roed-up.  Must have been a much milder winter than it felt to me.
Yum, smoked roe, first for this end of 2013.
PJ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 9:30am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was out fishing the weekend before last and one of the crew caught a thresher shark under the workups in 30m.

Threshers mean spring to me!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote biggear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 12:41pm
biggear View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spring means that winter is over, warmest on record and I am broke. Now a long summer of becoming even more broke awaits me. Awesomeness all around. 
Dont let the grey hair fool you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 1:07pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You know it's spring when the birds start rooting....never failed, animals know when the seasons change...bring on the hot hot summer days...and no stinky southleys please...biggear you are not as broke as i am :) forked out $$$$ for a re upholster of my ski seat . was saving up for a comp :( oh well do it all over again lol