Allenco 6.5m cc- finished

Page  123 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allenco 6.5m cc- finished
    Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 6:04pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've enjoyed watching a couple of 8m boats and a few frewzas being built on here as well as watching MarkE build so thought I'd put posts up as I get my new boat built ( if theres some interest !).

I had a 5.5m Allenco , Legacy , for almost 10 years and it was an awesome machine so , for me , its always been another Allenco. Harvey Allen who owns the business is a really good bloke to deal with and I believe works to a high standard .

6mm bottom and 5mm sides , tacked together on a jig . Decided to have a swaged side just to break up the flat sheets of aliminium but it does add stiffness as well .

Overall 6.5m+ long and 2.45 or so wide .

Hopefully I'll get a few more photos up over the next few days .

<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 6:40pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah mate were interested,keep the pics comming
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Eastender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 7:11pm
Eastender View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thats gunna be a nice boat. Always liked the look of the Allencos. Out of interest what HP are you going to push it with?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 7:16pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not too sure but probably a 150hp honda .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:20pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bring it on Rory can't wait to see it all come together for you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:23pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very keen to see more pictures of the build. Keep the pics coming!! Thinking about doing a similar boat to send to the islands, but I'd rig it with twin suzukis I think. If I were to do so, it'd be Harvey making it!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockstar from Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:41pm
Rockstar from Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will watch this space, Will you have it ready by the game season Rory? What does the CC stand for?
Winning.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:56pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Love seeing these builds!

Cc is for centre console normally Rockstar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:09pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Rockstar from Mars Rockstar from Mars wrote:

Will watch this space, Will you have it ready by the game season Rory? What does the CC stand for?

Probably have the hull ready but I think I'll need a year to be able to afford the trailer ( again built by Allenco out of aluminium ) and also hard to know about the electronics ,need to talk to you about the 265 'ducer .
CC is centre consol !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockstar from Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:23pm
Platinum
Platinum

I will call you tomorrow Rory
Winning.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Get in behind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 5:42am
Get in behind View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Judging by the material they construct them with, I wouldn't bother with a trailer. Just tie a rope from the bollard to your tow bar and drag it home.
It will be fine
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 8:54am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here are a few photos from yesterday

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockstar from Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 2:31pm
Platinum
Platinum

Wow the picture with the guy standing at the back makes it look bigger than a 6.5M boat. Allenco must measure their boats properly...
Winning.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 2:41pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What is the little cc behind that?
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 2:45pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

center consol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 2:50pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think he means what size
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 3:48pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

What is the little cc behind that?
           Sorry I miss understood what you were asking , thanks Daveo.  Its a not too little 6.25m centre consol that is for sale , really nice boat and I was really tempted just to buy that . Its on Allenco marines website under boats for sale .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 3:52pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Always liked the look of the Alenco hulls, SOLID, no frills and well thought out, they look the Ducks Nutz! They remind me of some of the excellent quality plate boats that come out of Australia, will follow the thread with much interest.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 3:57pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those things are solid! I caught up with Martin Douglas (ex Allenco) briefly at a work reunion a couple of months back. He was telling me about some of the construction techniques and some of the big barges they've built for the islands too.< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 8:09pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That boat behind Legacys is one mean machine, as I'm sure Legacys will be. Wicked livebait,baitboard setup surprised it hasn't been snapped up yet?Photos don't do it justice especially size wise.
Page  123 10>