Fish City Boats

Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 12:19pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by rahui rahui wrote:

I just don't think your promo piks of empty bins of fish and the odd kingi are convincing and the smart ones know that . HB has been on the decline for years.
Anyway Back to boat shed, time to do the lawns , I am getting bored

don't need full bins only take enough for a feed, with your full bin attitude everytime there will be none left, never seem any pics posted of your catch?????
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HB_fishdive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 12:31pm
HB_fishdive View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

And attitudes like this also don't help the fishery.

"Just to set the record straight , we catch heaps of fish, so much I give it away to people who need it.
I catch a 100 crays in November and share them out.then we hit our target species of lemon. flounder and Kahawhai which we love, I normally net and pot I don't have time to rod fish"

Haha Rahui even got a nice new camera phone at the start of the season so he could post all the pics of his snapper that he was going to catch (net)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:03pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah  I catch a full bin, to feed the whanau, all leagal,i just don,t see the point of posting piks, not brought up that way, anyway stick to the boating forum
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:12pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sorry fc sort of poisioned your thread a bit ,got side tracked, gotta be a bit careful what you say to some of these fellas they winge like sheliasWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 4:00pm
mashinator View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I go to fc in hamiltron a bit and have had a good look over the 500. I went f16 for cuddy, however I ran the tape over it and it is a big 5m boat. 5m from bow (no fair lead) to stern (no portifino), mid thigh support and a heap of fishing space in between. I haven't seen one ride in the water but I have seen a 430 tiller and I was very impressed with the dry, soft ride I saw. They were heading to gannet rock which is 30k from the boat ramp and 24k offshore from raglan. The hull looks very similar in design and concept to the everyman boats which get big raps on ride but are probably another level in build quality. In a post on the forum regarding 5m boats and mayor there have been varying opinions from too dangerous to no worries. One comment was choose your weather and you will only be limited by gas. With the number of fc boats around I would suspect they have been to mayor already. The reality is that one foot per knot of wind means you dont want to be out in much more than 15knots in the 5mboat. Structurally I would be suprised if you couldnt thrash it for 20 years plus.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Get in behind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 4:27pm
Get in behind View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a look at the FC 640 centre console yesterday. Looks a bit different, but quite cool. Anyone got one? If so, how does it go?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 4:29pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FC have just put out a 465 cuddy and are soon to release a 510 cuddy, I think they not long ago put out the 580 and 540 cuddies. they have knocked up a few models in a short space of time.
Good deals to be had at fc and frewza while there overheads are lower but that would change if they went bigger

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 4:47pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by mashinator mashinator wrote:

I go to fc in hamiltron a bit and have had a good look over the 500. I went f16 for cuddy, however I ran the tape over it and it is a big 5m boat. 5m from bow (no fair lead) to stern (no portifino), mid thigh support and a heap of fishing space in between. I haven't seen one ride in the water but I have seen a 430 tiller and I was very impressed with the dry, soft ride I saw. They were heading to gannet rock which is 30k from the boat ramp and 24k offshore from raglan. The hull looks very similar in design and concept to the everyman boats which get big raps on ride but are probably another level in build quality. In a post on the forum regarding 5m boats and mayor there have been varying opinions from too dangerous to no worries. One comment was choose your weather and you will only be limited by gas. With the number of fc boats around I would suspect they have been to mayor already. The reality is that one foot per knot of wind means you dont want to be out in much more than 15knots in the 5mboat. Structurally I would be suprised if you couldnt thrash it for 20 years plus.

Mash I've ridden that FC430 (Flying Dutchman, owned by my mate Andy) several times to Gannet from Manu. In different (always safe) sea conditions. I'm always amazed at the ride in that boat, I'm a bit of a lump at 100kg and never seem to unsettle it when I move while boat is in motion. At rest she's a bit tippy - of course she's a small beamy craft. Amazing amount of fishing room. (I'm a Frewza owner myself, mainly because my boat is used for going out in gob****e weather after ducks and I prefer the stability of pontoon boat as a shooting platform). They've got a lot right with the FC430, including price, so I imagine the bigger brothers are more of the same.

Rahui, time to start an Aqualine thread methinks. When your truck's working that is.

You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Get in behind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 5:41pm
Silver
Silver

I was told by FC that the FC range was now the largest selling tinny in the country. Can anyone confirm this? As I am a bit sceptical
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 6:04pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FC have just put out a 465 cuddy and are soon to release a 510 cuddy, I think they not long ago put out the 580 and 540 cuddies. they have knocked up a few models in a short space of time.
Good deals to be had at fc and frewza while there overheads are lower but that would change if they went bigger

more breaking news from rahui
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 6:20pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

haha, not!
Now, hows about the funny guys on here use the pm service to play their little games.
I don't relish the thought of going through & deleting all the cr@p so no more thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 6:58pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Get in behind Get in behind wrote:

I was told by FC that the FC range was now the largest selling tinny in the country. Can anyone confirm this? As I am a bit sceptical

Were you looking at buying a boat ? Mite just be salesman mumbo jumbo
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 7:00pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Time_Bandit Time_Bandit wrote:

more breaking news from rahui

Fresh off the press imagine the posts when he gets his boat in november
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 7:21pm
mashinator View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was told by FC that the FC range was now the largest selling tinny in the country. Can anyone confirm this? As I nam a bit sceptical
Ive heard the same, 500 hulls apparently. Their concept has certainly struck a chord especially in that 4-5m size. They say that the 6m plus boat have been big selling but you get the feeling that with the price of gas and raw materials that there will be heaps of this size of boat at sea in the next 5-10 years.Id be interested too know who the designer is. s
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 7:51pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looking forward to results of the innaugral off2fish vs rahui 'fish off' keep us posted guysWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Get in behind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:05pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Were you looking at buying a boat ? Mite just be salesman mumbo jumbo

Just picking up a bit of tackle, as I'm doing a job close to their Albany site.
Always looking at new boats. I like to compare prices, hull shape, engines etc.
I'm not a huge merc fan but I love the look of the 150.
Actually, you would struggle to see a bad word said about the mercy these days, but that's another story.
Salesman was a bit vague but Said they were the highest selling tinny. It may be true for their smaller range. Think it's just the usual sales speak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:08pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Snuffit. Snuffit. wrote:

Mash I've ridden that FC430 (Flying Dutchman, owned by my mate Andy) several times to Gannet from Manu. In different (always safe) sea conditions. I'm always amazed at the ride in that boat, I'm a bit of a lump at 100kg and never seem to unsettle it when I move while boat is in motion. At rest she's a bit tippy - of course she's a small beamy craft. Amazing amount of fishing room. (I'm a Frewza owner myself, mainly because my boat is used for going out in gob****e weather after ducks and I prefer the stability of pontoon boat as a shooting platform). They've got a lot right with the FC430, including price, so I imagine the bigger brothers are more of the same.

Rahui, time to start an Aqualine thread methinks. When your truck's working that is.

yeah kiwi/aqualine don't blow about there boats so much  like others, I think it is because they don't have to. you don't see to many of these for re  sale, I will post some piks as soon as I pic it up next week[fingers crossed]. friggen trucks been in the shop for 7 days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:11pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah mate rahui will take on all comers, bring it on
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:23pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah kiwi/aqualine don't blow about there boats so much  like others, I think it is because they don't have to. you don't see to many of these for re  sale, I will post some piks as soon as I pic it up next week[fingers crossed]. friggen trucks been in the shop for 7 days.

I think you will find the Frewza and FC boat threads are driven by owners, not the makers of each boat ... I dont see much blowing from the guys who make an sell any boats to be fair, its always just the owners talking up their boats.

as a point of interest, the owner of Frews Marine (Frewza Boats) learnt his trade in the Kiwikraft factory before going to Stabicraft for a few years, and now makes his own boats ... almost like hes learnt the best of the other manufacturers down here, and refined the product to suit his target market (bare bones customised small pontoon boats). 

Yet to see any FC boats down this way, but the waters down here are the reason why we are home to arguably the best pontoon boats in the country. Hopefully will see one in the flesh at some stage so I can size one up in person.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mmmWord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 11:34am
mmmWord View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

... .Id be interested too know who the designer is.

I think I read that they're built by (and therefore designed by??) a BoP boatbuilder. Can't remember the name, but they sell their own boats too. So I guess their business model isn't that different to the usual Manufacturer + Dealer model, they're just doing all the marketing themselves.
Page  <1 1112131415 19>