lure making and head shapes

Page  <1 111112113114115 131>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 7:21am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by TrophyLures TrophyLures wrote:

Originally posted by the angler the angler wrote:

Every artist is a cannibal , every poet is a thief .

so true 😅

Ive been  wanting to write something for ages on the discussions of the last few days but could not come up with the write words.  This says it all !

Merry Xmas ! Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 7:56am
kiwi phill View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

And A Happy New Year Of Fishing

Phillip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TAZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:32am
TAZEE View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Murph

You Keep Them lures coming...as they are some of the Best handmade lures i have ever seen..Hands Down.
I have a few very well known lures myself..and yours are a step above the rest....

So from one lure-a-holic...Thank you....

WWW.WSLAURIE.CO.NZ

The Best fishing spot In New Zealand
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 12:40pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Murph Murph wrote:

There are a number of Zuker 5.5 copies around including the one you mentioned.

http://www.marine-deals.co.nz/fishing-tackle/mrs-palmers-mutha-in-law-game-lure

Personally if I wanted a Zuker I'd just buy one rather than looking for a copy of one.

These are called Mrs Palmer mother in law...that's a Pacific Baitfish series lure??
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 9:24am
Silver
Silver

Here some plugs I machined up some time back but just the big bullet has been cast in moulds and some sold...

The big off set is in the moulding process now....Smaller bullet next...

Bit slow with doing jobs on my boat and making up big chilly bins

Big off set ...Narrower than zuker 5.5 .......Slightly longer ...I might try weighting just the bottom half.......Views Please..........Cheers Phillip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 9:37am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What about epoxy heads? Do people avoid using epoxy because of break down and yellowing from UV? There is now some pretty good super clear and durable epoxies that are a lot less prone to yellowing and UV degradation. Would imagine it could handle the knocks a lot better than poly? Whole lot less toxic as well. Quite a few being made from plant based materials now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 11:18am
Silver
Silver

Hi
I have some heads done with several types of epoxy and many have a wet look with tiny waves that cannot be polished out..
Fish wont care but many want them perfect and another thing is people use polyesters that are very clear yet go and add colour to it..

If colouring I use the likes of easy cast that arrived clear and hardener took on an amber look but good to tint.........Phillip   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ExTrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:26pm
ExTrophy View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Got a bit heavy with the tint
Go Hard or Go Home
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:30pm
Silver
Silver

Nice reds............Phillip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ExTrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:32pm
ExTrophy View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Spent the day skirting fingers sore.

Go Hard or Go Home
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ExTrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:34pm
ExTrophy View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Kiwi Phill
Like the offset keep us posted how it goes.
What's the feedback on the lge bullet.
Go Hard or Go Home
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:39pm
Silver
Silver

First big bullet has been sent out and im going to BOI after new year and intend to use as teaser but do have double riged 12/0 balck s/s hooks...

Off set are longer and narrow than say zuker 5. 5 and looking to weight just the bottom half......Views please.....Phillip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:40pm
Silver
Silver

Your photo look a bit like my last job rigging 40 lures...Boring job.......Phillip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 9:03am
full sacks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Murph hope you have had a chance to get in that shed, keen to get those goodies to work!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:04pm
Murph View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Should be getting them done this week for you mate.
http://www.facebook.com/GForceLures
http://www.gforcelures.co.nz/
[email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 3:08pm
Silver
Silver

Big off set ...Narrower than zuker 5.5 .......Slightly longer ...I might try weighting just the bottom half.......Views Please..........Cheers Phillip

Copied from earlier......No views  yet on weight just the bottom.........????/ ..........Phillip
Sverdfisk .......Marlin in Norwegian
My Parents ...Parents Came from Norway...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 3:44pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by kiwi phill kiwi phill wrote:

Copied from earlier......No views  yet on weight just the bottom.........????/ ..........Phillip
   wouldn't think it would need any weight at all .
that signature of yours - do they have marlin in Norway ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwi phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 3:59pm
Silver
Silver

My Parents Parents came  from Norway so it's  a brand name that's making its own id.....

The first 150 or so i made have no id and many last year went out late season for trials so more reports will be expected shortly...Well i hope as with running last season NO one got a fish .........So mine were by that just a good as any others.....L o L

Thanks that what i  needed is other point of view....i rigged one recently for a client and could not decide if weighted or not...It was an original
Cheers Phillip

Sverdfisk .......Marlin in Norwegian
My Parents ...Parents Came from Norway...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 10:08am
Murph View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

So with the recent talk of offset leader holes I decided to knock one out as a prototype for testing.  This one is 350mm overall, the head is 42mm x 66mm so is shorter and fatter than a Zucker.

And this one is a "Time Bomb" 4 ounce jet head bullet.

http://www.facebook.com/GForceLures
http://www.gforcelures.co.nz/
[email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 10:38am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That Offset is a beaut G, if it needs a home send it my way
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Page  <1 111112113114115 131>