Northland vis/ latest dive

Page  123 41>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nicko90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northland vis/ latest dive
    Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:10pm
nicko90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Seeing theres on for every other part of the country!

Oakura coast - water clearing  but still dirty. havent jumped in the water yet but looks about 2 meter vis. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Renz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:30pm
Renz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good call nicko90. Will post here in future for B.O.I. dives.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 6:03pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 6:27pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking for someone to dive with sat or sunday wich ever ends up looking better ither a shore dive or boat just split fuel cost will be going somewhere between toots and karikari
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nicko90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:03pm
nicko90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Brett B , you working at the russians? Im at Teal . Might be around for w.e. 021 02459344
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:16pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea sure am. Sweet as mate think il prob go for sat at this stage
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:58pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out after work this avo to a spot wich normally has the best vis around where i live and it was a horible silty green with 3m max viz!..plenty of crays around tho.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Renz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:35am
Renz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dived Te Ngaere coast yesterday. 4-5m green and hazy. Missed a couple of pannies I shouldn't have and ended up with a couple of crays, a few butters and a fat blue maomao. nice day on the water but probably should have done the cavs instead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nicko90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:00am
nicko90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

coast was hazy 6 meters in places through the weekend. ended up with a few crays but not much else. Left gun in boat and jumped in at cray spot. Nek minnit - biggest snap ive ever seen swims right infront of my nose. Must have been in excess of 20 lb. gutttsss
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marsden Cove Spearfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 4:47pm
Marsden Cove Spearfishing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by BrettB BrettB wrote:

Yea sure am. Sweet as mate think il prob go for sat at this stage
what are you doing at the helena bay job? i was working there all last year with the electricians.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nicko90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 4:57pm
nicko90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

mate i think half the Whangarei tradeys are working there :D
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:21pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Im a chippy mate working up on the villers..Oh yea so you probly know ben then? theres about 100 workers out there at the moment..viz was looking good the last couple days untill this avo,that swells started to come in a bit
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nicko90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:36pm
nicko90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

dived in close around teal/helena on sunday. vis was shocking in close. couldnt see my fins but got a few crays. The amount of effluent coming out the estuary accompanied with that bloody chemical spill from the russians is really fukn up the water quality. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JRowe17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:06pm
JRowe17 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by nicko90 nicko90 wrote:

mate i think half the Whangarei tradeys are working there :D

apparently the whole project is supporting 80 or so families which is a positive. saw the building site from the water during easter. Nothing flash tbh but I'm sure it will be once finished
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marsden Cove Spearfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:01am
Marsden Cove Spearfishing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by BrettB BrettB wrote:

Im a chippy mate working up on the villers..Oh yea so you probly know ben then? theres about 100 workers out there at the moment..viz was looking good the last couple days untill this avo,that swells started to come in a bit

yea, was working with ben and them. you're probably working with richard and garth and dan i'd say.

so, the vis is getting better despite all the crap form the site?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ColinTitahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:37pm
ColinTitahi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good to see a Northland thread - any luck it will take off like the Wellington one 635 pages and growing..

Any advice / spots for a Welly diver comming up next week?
I'm going to be based in Hikurangi but plan to do a fair bit of exploring.

Anyone know where I could borrow / hire some weights from up there?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 6:14pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yea, was working with ben and them. you're probably working with richard and garth and dan i'd say.

so, the vis is getting better despite all the crap form the site?
[/QUOTE]

Yea im working with rich and that..Theres not much crap going into the water from what iv seen?The vis is always pretty crap in helena bay but further out is finally clearing up.Although the the SE wind isnt helping it much at the moment..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BrettB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 6:18pm
BrettB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Colintitahi..i live near hikurangi your best bet would be tutukaka/Matapouri or if this SE keeps up prob best to go up to the bay..theres two dive shops in town and one in kamo wich you could probly hire weights
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ColinTitahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 6:26pm
ColinTitahi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Brett - will check them out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fizzlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 10:34pm
Fizzlesticks View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

you can borrow my weight belt if I'm not using it, im based at glenbervie
It doesn't have to be fun to be fun
Page  123 41>