Warehouse gascraft bbqs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warehouse gascraft bbqs
    Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:12pm
Grovo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey all,
I've been in the market for a bbq a little while now, had a good look at mitre10, placemakers and the warehouse today. Barbeques at the warehouse seemed quite a good standard, and on special now seemed quite good value for money.
My question is are the gascraft range they peddle the cliched old crappy warehouse product that will not last? or are these barbies quite good?
I'm looking at the palma model in particular, anyone had any good/bad ezperiences or otherwise?
Owned one and it was a lemon? or still going strong after years of service? burn nice and hot?
A lot of questions, but if anyone help with any feedback, that'd be awesome.
Cheers, Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:19pm
SufixRockMan View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm in the same situation as you mate, been looking for awhile but, and I haven't checked it out myself mate because work has been raping me in the ass but BBQ factory is in liquidation so maybe some deals to be had?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:45pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As fart as cheaper bbq's go, gas craft are one of the better options. They used to be NZ made, not so sure now..
Jumbuck ones seem to be crappy and dont last.
Just keep it out of the weather when not in use.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:01pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i've got one from kmart, jackaroo brand i think. three years old and used several times a week, no complaints at all. stainless is much easier to keep clean so worth the extra coin.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:05pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a gas craft 4 burner bbq with hood. Now 4-5 years old and rusted badly. almost dead. I live near the beach (lyall bay wgtn) so this is probably expected. Cost $400 so $100 per year. Requires scrubbing on the cast iron grill and the coating has come off (sometimes on food if not scrubbed). All in all I think it's ok for $400. Will replace with another $400 bbq rather than expensive jobbie. Temp control is good for hot smoking and slow cooking as well as grilling. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:07pm
Grovo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

40% off the warewhare bbqs, ending tomorrow.

They aren't that cheap at full price tbh, like 7-800 at full price for the better looking ones, stainless steel, brochure still said gascraft takapuna, whether they are nz made I'm not sure. As far as I've discovered lately bbq factory is long gone...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Richard34482 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:49pm
Richard34482 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Depends how often you are going to use it, I bought a BBQ in 05(Think it cost me $450)  had to bin it at easter last year, however we BBQ all year round, in the summer almost everyday and winter mainly weekends and the old thing was not covered over and we lived next to the sea.

I never, never ever cleaned it and every so often it would catch fire and burn all the crap , one day when it was on fire the temp gauge went off the scale (never worked again), the wood side trays caught fire, the food was f----- , and had to turn it off and spray the wood with water

I now have a new cheapish one, a jumbuck 4 burner bought for me a pressy from a dear friend and I have decided to look after it. After few times of  use i give the plates a scrub down and a quick wipe down.

A couple of tips to stop the black surface peeling off spray it well with oil before heating it and buy cheap cat litter to put in the tray to catch the crap, wish i had known this year ago.

Unless you want to pay mega $ go for it

hope this helps

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 11:38am
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

or just go to trade me and buy one off there
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems