Inchiku's

Page  123 31>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inchiku's
    Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:00pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well
i have been playing with these over the last few months a lot and my fishing has been the best it has prob ever been 
i have used soft baits for about 4 years and have had the best fishing with them until i stared to play with the Inchiku lure's a few months back
they have been around for a few years in diffrent styles like the lucanus,bay rubber,power rock g,pirate's but no one really has given them a good bashing IMHO
but none of the slow jigs are even comparable to Inchiku's

Tackle 
I'm using my soft bait stuff at the mo but will deff be moving on to a over head set very soon.
I'm using 10lb stren 25lb Duel fluro carbon on my Shimano soros 3k and a custom rod that i had yeehaa build witch is from the states witch does the damage big time has a wicked action and very sensitive i have been doing a bimini - yucatan or a supper reverse allbright thingi to the trace im running a longer trace around 1.5meter's - 2meter's and tying strait to the Inchiku or to a geni clip with a 5 turn uni knot seams to hold real well haven't had a problem yet.

Size's i have been using are from 20gram-100gram in mainly shallow water water from 3-40 meters (have played with them in work ups but u dont really have to work them) mostly using them in the 60-80gram size and pink,blue,green and a mix between the lot along with skirts in the same color and black glow and gold skirts all working a treat alot more playing to do with the skirts and rigging of the lures.

Action
This one will be different for every body 
I mainly use 3 different types cast out a head of the drift like soft baiting and bounce it along the bottom with slowish raise's up and down while winding in the slack.
Next one i cast to the depth so if it's 20 meter's i cast out say 25 meters click the bail over strait away and work the lure back towards me with a fast lift and a slowish drop all way staying in contact with the lure at all time u dont want slack line when the fish hits u will drop them over and over again as the lure come's vertical i lift fast drop lift fast wind fast up 3 meters then drop again this seams to get the smashing the lures real hard.
Last is drop it back behind the boat and drag it this has been the least successful of all my styles 
i find the second one seams to get the big aggressive hits
all so i have found i do not ever get small fish may be they are intimidated by them or something but if u arnt catching fish on Inchiku's the fish are to small well right now in the channels is what i have found.

i have not been using a sounder at all and have been cleaning up big with the average fish around 50cm so far in the channels i have got fish to 5kg on Inchiku's/jigs im sure there will and have been some epic catch's on these lure's with plenty more to come.

Next time
Rigs,lures, and pic's hands are saw from typing Smile
and the fish pie in the oven is ready
any one want to add to my finding's please doThumbs Up

http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:09pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 7:49pm
Men In Black View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice Mitch, what sort of action is the blank in your rod 75/25 , 70/30 , 65/35....??? There is going to be some debate over what rod action works the best for the Inchiku's.
The Lucanus lures while still a slow jig are know as "Madai", the difference being the size and shape of the body. Inchiku are generally longer and thinner in shape for there weight than that of the Madai. Inchiku's are also are more likely to use a squid skirt with a twin hook arrangement instead of those fiddly soft rubber tails.
There are also some variations of the Inchiku that use a single worm hook or a small trebble hidden in the squid skirt attached to the Inchiku body with a split ring.
www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:10pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

well sorted GG, nice report...

ive been searching the net because i personally think there is still better bottom bouncing lures out there that can attract fish on the drop as well as attract them with there fluttering movement...
i found this which looks ok for what i am after...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:18pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

well sorted GG, nice report...

ive been searching the net because i personally think there is still better bottom bouncing lures out there that can attract fish on the drop as well as attract them with there fluttering movement...
i found this which looks ok for what i am after...

Little Jack sinking lures deadly on snapper.......outstanding on the drop and easy to work through the water column...but it is more a stickbait just don't tell the snapperLOL
www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:49pm
The Dog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Were'nt Madai lures made for Japanese longlines to over come bait shy fish.??????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:58pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by The Dog The Dog wrote:

Were'nt Madai lures made for Japanese longlines to over come bait shy fish.??????
They are still used commercially by the Japanese long line fisherman... if it works don't change it..
www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 9:15pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

M I B
blank is 70/30 think i would like to try a 80/20 but 70/30 has been doing the damage anuff soft and anuff stiff
blank is nice and very similar to a bass rod i think.
leathal they look the goods mate similar to these things that greg at go fish has

saw these the other day they look the goods think i will add one two my collection

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 9:35pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Small typo MIB...

Madai Jig, Madai translated is Red Sea Bream aka Snapper Big smile

Agreed the squid skirts are much more "tough" than the fiddly bits you mentioned... I have used a few of the Inchiku's with the worm hook, Cuda love them on the drop...Ermm

There is heaps of cool stuff out there to try, guess we have been sheltered a bit here in NZ plus bait still works...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Appeal-Lures/300309486704362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 9:39pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

great stuff guys keep it coming.

here are some ive tried over the last couple of weeks and they all work great so far...

first of i tried a silly old Lethal that i never use, drilled some holes so i could adjust it till i found the best action....

then i tried a very old lethal which worked excellent, just need to try different tails...

i also found this spinner in an old box, attached a weight and a skirt and gave it a try, bingo snapper on...

like i said to Wee Tin a sinker in front of a skirt should work a treat as well...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:30am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I do think the skirt is the deference i have thought about doing the same thing lethal with a egg sinker and a skirt.
have been playing with single hook set up's at home yesterday will get some pics up haven't had a chance to fish them yet though but think they will work well  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:21am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Yeah GG, single hooks,
as long as they are not off-set or too large, live bait hooks are ok, they have worked well for us,
we also drop less fish and rarely hook the bottom up when fishing over foul...

just got this in the Email.... Shimano Lucanus Jigs $9-99
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aquacat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:46am
aquacat View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Lethal...as you said about sinker in front of skirt...
My mate visiting from S.Africa were fishing a 4ounch sinker in front of a normal skirts and hook inside and nailed them one after the other
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:05am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

as u can c i like pink bits Wink
going to go get some more bits to tie some more assist's the jig on the far left hand side i have made a single hook rig the hook is a lil big but will do for now
any one know ware to get some 60gram jitter bugs ???

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:20am
Tizzy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very nice GG. Interesting thread. SmileWhere do you source your skirts?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:22am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i get my from yeehaa they have the best selection **** load of color's and size's

Skirts/assist's 
i have found to be a problem with hooks bending knots coming undone and ****ty assist cord.
the Daiwa assist rigs are the business strong hooks mint skirts and good braid but u can not buy them on there own? Jitterbugs are the same good sharp hooks mint skirts and braid.
Reckon it is worth making your own until some thing comes out that is more suited to our fishing ways
i haven't tried the bottom ships much at all and haven't had a problem with there bigger skirts either but have only used there heavy jigs 

Fav jigs so far 
has been the 80gram Jitter bug blue with pinkish blue skirt,60gram pink prowler with pink skirt,daiwa pirate 80gram in yellow/pink and silver/blue haven't had to change any thing on the jitter bugs or the daiwa's the prowlers i had to strait away and power jig ones assists had a bit of a poo as well but the jigs them self's are good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ell-nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 8:44pm
Ell-nino View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great thread GG - I've got a couple of lucanus, crazy charlies, inchikus and even a few sabres rattling around my tackle box. I'm gunna give your second action a real good try on my next mish. thx again
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:53pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

GG, like the look of those from Go Fish,

Greg is onto it, have know him since when he owed "Drum Tackle" Whakatane many years ago,
guy that knows his stuff especially when it comes to new innovated products....
if he has those instock i am betting they work....

funny how the trends go round, because many years ago i designed something very similar,
which look like that.. will see if i can find a pic of them...

very old, like 20 years ago so excuse the marks in the chrome....
might have to pull them out and give them a new lease of life...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:16pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yup gona give these a try next week lethal 
i have used small jigs a few years ago and it is all so pritty cheap once u have set up especially this time of the year i am keen to c what results i get in the winter out wide in the deeper water rather than peak season 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:26pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Originally posted by aquacat aquacat wrote:

Lethal...as you said about sinker in front of skirt...
My mate visiting from S.Africa were fishing a 4ounch sinker in front of a normal skirts and hook inside and nailed them one after the other

Hi aquacat, that is interesting, my suspicions were correct then, they are attracted to the skirt not the weight... 
my intention now is to get that metal peace infront of the skirt to flutter like the jigs of old and we should have the ultimate weapon, in fact i cant see why you cant hook one of these up to some of Chris Wongs Zest jigs in the light weight and start nailing snapper in the harbours....
20years ago you couldnt miss getting a feed infact it was too bloody easy....

Page  123 31>