Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 647648649650651 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 4:26pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Cheers flyfisher, must try that soon in one of our local harbours. Heaps of big flounder and sole here at times, My brother spears heaps
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 6:55pm
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Took a few hours off work and went out to Friz (a little lumpy when the southerly got up) had 2 rods out, one with bait and one with plastic on it and the plastic cleaned up ! I am hooked on plastic  now .......................Gurnard  for dinner and KY for the smoker tomorrow.......no sharks and no RC's yay.
Looking good for tomorrow too.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 6:58pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Plastics outfish bait 10:1 on carrots I reckon Scotty. Day in the ranges fly fishing for me tomorrow, bugger this working rubbish! !
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 8:09am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

another mint day by the looks out there in the harbour Thumbs Up

Temptation for a quick harbour mission yesterday arvo got too much. 

V pleasant conditions and great fishing. 

Felt a bit unlike a real fishing mission only doing a 5 minute trip in the boat, turning the engine off and anchoring in glassy conditions!

Summer has arrived for sure with plenty of the usual target summer species to be enjoyed. all were fairly small tho (<30cm). Tics were in plague proportions yesterday too. 

The other massive upside was only 1 red cod, one witch, no ky (while on anchor) and no spineys. I sent the cod home so he can prepare for Spaz's next harbour mission LOL 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:55pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/10649116/Kayaker-rushed-to-hospital-after-capsizing

Hope hes ok. Sounds like he was lucky the divers were close by
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 6:58pm
Spaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

The other massive upside was only 1 red cod, one witch, no ky (while on anchor) and no spineys. I sent the cod home so he can prepare for Spaz's next harbour mission LOL 

Mate, your so generous

Great effort buddy, great to see them in all ready.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:44pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mate did very well on Snapper at Puk Bay today... sounds like "there here"....
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote xtreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 10:11pm
xtreamz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Weren't too many FF. Talked to two yaks this morning (one was the guy who ended up getting rescued) and only 1 of them had had 1 small snap.

It roughed up pretty quick, was flat when I arrived and by the time I paddled out, said hi to the others, and found a spot and anchored it was white capping and the current was honking. I bailed after 5-10mins, but the other fella decided to stay a bit longer, it wasn't til I reached the shore line that I became aware he fell out.

It then flattened out again completely this afternoon, so I unpacked and headed back out, talked to another yak, and 2 boats but no snaps. The gurnards are around there though, I got 3 this time, 40-45cm.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wavecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 8:54am
Wavecrusher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The Government will introduce legislation to improve the responsible use, management and conservation of New Zealand’s ocean environment. This legislation will allow for a wider range of marine protected areas, including recreational fishing parks in the Hauraki Gulf and Marlborough Sounds.

... Clap
Charity donations welcome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 12:46pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Check the other threads about this Wavecrusher. Apparently there is little commercial fishing activity in the sounds already. Most commercial take is scallops and crays which are excluded from the proposal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dazza M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 4:19pm
Dazza M View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by xtreamz xtreamz wrote:

Weren't too many FF. Talked to two yaks this morning (one was the guy who ended up getting rescued) and only 1 of them had had 1 small snap.

It roughed up pretty quick, was flat when I arrived and by the time I paddled out, said hi to the others, and found a spot and anchored it was white capping and the current was honking. I bailed after 5-10mins, but the other fella decided to stay a bit longer, it wasn't til I reached the shore line that I became aware he fell out.

It then flattened out again completely this afternoon, so I unpacked and headed back out, talked to another yak, and 2 boats but no snaps. The gurnards are around there though, I got 3 this time, 40-45cm.

i was out at Puk bay at 7am - 11am that same day on my boat and the current was honking then also.. no snap got four sharks and we gapped it after that. The current was honking at 50m- 40m - and even 23meters, was a mint morning tho.. nice and sunny.    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dazza M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 4:20pm
Dazza M View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

water temp was 14.7

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote azzaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 7:32pm
azzaman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys. Am new to this thing so not too sure where to put this but...........anyone have any knowledge or previously used a FIN Nor offshore FNS-7050 rod for stick baiting kingi's?? I know its the bottom basement version but Im thinking that It may still be up to it?? Any comments?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote danmuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 8:13pm
danmuss View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well looks like beersies n housework this long weekend....Angry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Metal Float Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 12:39pm
Metal Float View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I imagine Mana is busy this morning - any reports including water temp?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 3:00pm
clawman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

left mana 8.30 down to boom+ water temp just on 14 degres- not a lot of boats out but great conditions before the wind is picking up now. back at marina about 12.30+ db exports tasting good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tweedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 5:07pm
Tweedie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tried Makara today, only one ky taken home. I'll be trying the brine method of prep - thanks hkt. Will see how it turns out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:25pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good days diving in evans bay - plenty of fat scollies around, a couple of big crays, heaps of lost sinkers (over 2kgs) and loads of kina ready for berleying..happy days :)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 8:42am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice haul there Ninja! Those scollies are such good eating. Good to 

Thought we'd try and get out in the "window" forecast for late morning/arvo. Chores were done...boat hastily loaded and down an in. Wasnt until we started putting down the anchor I realised I'd left my box of pre-tied rigs, hooks, swivels and the berley cage/line etc at home...what a muppet. Typical case of being too damn keen to get on the water...

I seriously thought about bailing on the fish and heading home but we managed to dig out 2 old rigs from my trusty box of tricks and jury rigged up a pretty bad berley system to get the stuff down (think mono with sinkers tied to berley bag). 

We got plagues of nasty spikey rock cod, baby blues, a big red cod (I note that Spaz was in the boat next to us and when the cod came up it said "Sorry wrong boat, I meant to be over there on that flash Warrior" before falling off the hook on the surface) and a spinning conger (good bye to one of the rigs). 

A bit of tweaking of the remaining rig, changing bait and a shift of spots saw us finally into the snaps. Got a few which was nice, including this one, the first for G for this season.

Panko deep fried snapper goodness for tea... yum. So stoked to be living in this cool place - hard to beat Welly on a good day Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote danmuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 2:21pm
danmuss View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome Davo Clap Cant wait
Page  <1 647648649650651 793>