Rash

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rash
    Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 9:46am
Mez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Inner thighs and arms are covered in wetsuit rash.

Any idea how to stop it from happening again ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 9:49am
SpearoMike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whats ya lube?
here fishy fishy.......... ><(((((º> ............><(((((º>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 10:04am
Mez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I just use a normal body wash/water solution.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote felixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 10:33am
felixx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

use conditioner and water, KY gel and water or 'goo' and water

Once in a while soak your suit in dettol too
Originally posted by TG

LMAO felixx, you a sick puppy! hehe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bad uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 11:21am
Bad uncle View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yep on the conditioner, just buy the cheap stuff, like homeband ect.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 11:48am
SpearoMike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i use vet lube, its great. No smell.
here fishy fishy.......... ><(((((º> ............><(((((º>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 5:07pm
Mez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i just soaked my suit in dettol for 2 hours and hanged it to dry hopefully that'll sort the problem out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ergo_Rapido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 6:06pm
Ergo_Rapido View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry for hijacking but I suppose this is similar... Anyone get any problems with wetsuit rubbing behind the knees? This is only after longish dives, 5-6+ hours in the wetsuit... any ideas how to stop it happening or reduce it?
Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote felixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 7:34pm
felixx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if you cannot get a feed after 6 hours, it is time for a new hobby LOL
is that 6 hours in the water?? of running about on the beach?
Maybe squirting more lube down your long johns as you walk about
Originally posted by TG

LMAO felixx, you a sick puppy! hehe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ergo_Rapido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 9:32pm
Ergo_Rapido View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheeky chap you are LOL

Mostly in the water, and I can never see the point in going to Kaiks if you're gonna spend longer driving then diving...

Anyhow, tell it to the 50 cm Moki I stoned last time we went up there. Thats pretty much a feed in itself.
Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 9:46pm
Troy Tempest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Like your style ER... Always dive more than drive!

I think it has more to do with the suit than anything else. I have 2 different 5mm suits, if I spend a full day in one I get suit rub on the backs of my knees, the other I don't.  Without naming names and brands I thinks it's down to the quality of neoprene in the suit.  Both however, fit well and do the job.

Cheers

·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸ ><((((º>
.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸ ><((((º>

Just quietly getting on with it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nick. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 3:25pm
Nick. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

iv been trailing  Nadalube,  like Searo Mike said, its got no smell to it, which after awhile the shampoo just made me feel nauseous everythime I put it on.

Ive found the vetlube to be less slippery than the same quantity of shampoo, so just use bite more, but it still isn't as slippery.

though I still get itchy fore arms after a dive, I will have to keep on trying to find something that doesn't make my arms itch, though I suspect its the rubber on my skin causing a reaction.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cervus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 8:48pm
cervus View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I spoke to a dermetoligist about a  wetsuit lube as the baby shampoo I was using brought me out in rash and dermitittus.  She recommended trying Cetaphil which is a skin cleanser. Have tryed it and it certainly works well for me.  Have another lube (shampoo)to try called Sebizole, this was recommended by the pharmacist... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nick. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 9:18pm
Nick. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sebizole???? 

I use that for dandruff!, let me know how that works, its also cheap as its subsidized, pony costs $3, but only comes in a bottle of about 250ml.

then again, i am currently using Nadalube which most farmers use for "urges"......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Teezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 9:15am
Teezer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nick, I got that nauseous feeling too with a conditioner I used last summer.  Even a whiff of it now sets me off.  Tried a bit of specific wet-suit lube, but that felt effectively like coloured and watered down KY (which is pretty much what it is) and is doesn't slide as well as conditioner, tending to 'grab' at inopportune moments (like when butt naked on the main route into Kaikoura after taking advantage of a short break in the traffic to go for the commando approach to sticking on the longjohns, and getting a foot stuck Embarrassed).  Never had rashes tho. 

Mez - maybe the suit itself needs a bloody good disinfect too, as it can be bacteria and nasties getting on your skin from the act of putting it on that are setting you off?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:08pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad to know I am not the only one to feel nauseous due to using conditioner. 

Suppose I should borrow the CRT card and purchase same vet lube. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spearfisher916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:07am
spearfisher916 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Holy crap. I've been experiencing the nausea from my conditioner smell
too. Lubing the suit now makes me slightly green until I'm in the water and can't smell it anymore.
I'm going past blenhiem later today is there anywhere to pick up some of that farmers/nadalube?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 9:59am
Paul G View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Rinse your suit after diving and dry your suit in the sun.
Try aqueous cream for lube. It is great and cheap. Buy it in tubs from the chemist.
No bait, no by-catch, just fishing, hunting, diving and exercise rolled into one tidy package.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ponder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:04am
Ponder View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yep, aqueous cream is the best thing i've found. Just mix a bit in water like anything else. no nasty nausiating smells and is good for your skin, not like all that cheap soap and conditioner. Gets you slimy as a grease monkey too. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:27pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by spearfisher916 spearfisher916 wrote:

Holy crap. I've been experiencing the nausea from my conditioner smell
too. Lubing the suit now makes me slightly green until I'm in the water and can't smell it anymore.

I'm going past blenhiem later today is there anywhere to pick up some of that farmers/nadalube?

Try CRT, but they probably closed for the holiday. 

Page  12>