tauranga fishing

Page  <1 218219220221222 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 6:52am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:

Went up the harbour for a fish this arvo, got 14 nice snapper. It was dead until the tide started running out, then it was steady from then on, all good fun on 2 kg line and my brother fishing 3 kg line. Strangely early on they would only touch bonito then towards the end would only take mullet.

I believe us lads should set up a meet /greet happy hour or two at the Boulevard BAR in the near future. ........
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 9:10am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah went out last night too.... Only 2 snapper (one limit size and other about 450), 3 eels a 1 stingray
Choice as night to be out.... Motahoa omokoroa area
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Levon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:33am
Levon View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Cliff

Scallop spot is not mine to share very close to Motiti is all I can say. Didn't get any toxic affects, the guys who's spot it is regular collect from there with no problems.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wheresthefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 12:07pm
wheresthefish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Spent a few hours in the harbour last night, very nice night to be out.  Managed 6 snapper & an assortment of Jack Mackerel & herrings.  Snapper not big though, all in the early 30s, with only 2 throw backs.  Near Ferguson Park, in 3 - 5m.

The best way to spend a Friday night!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:09pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fished the edge of Ferguson Channel for 8 snaps tonight. All caught in about 30 mins, then it went dead. Good return for the dinghy off the beach. Most fish around the 40cm mark, one bigger 50cm and one on the limit.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cashedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 8:56am
Cashedup View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We ventured outside along matakana yesterday. Thought we'd give harbour a miss for once. Was a a hot bite till about 8.30 but most fish were only around that 32cm mark so shot out to 30mtrs but not much happening out there. Back in to 15mtrs and it was all go again. Magic morning weather wise
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote maccasparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 10:13am
maccasparks View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went in Harbour Friday night - port end of big sandbar in centre between marina and entrance, 1.5m . 4 snaps , 2 massive Kahawai and 2 rays all on squid. Tried some frozen piper but only got picked at by littlies. Nothing happened until it got dark.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 1:05pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

3 trips, Nothin'. Censored
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 1:19pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Walu - sounds like a good idea. I take it you live Papamoa east as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 3:29pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yep we do.Near the Glades

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 4:47pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Let me know when. I'm happy to pop down for a few britney spears.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kabinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 7:39pm
Kabinda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Headed out along Matakana today with family and managed 5 snaps 32-42cm, 1 ok ky, rat kingi, nice fight with a hammerhead. Threw back a dozen 30cm snaps & smaller ky, no weed was a good day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 8:46pm
Cruz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out along Matakana this morning - up to the white triangle marker
Started about 15m and drifted in to 6m - tried pink soft bait as well as squid - buggar all but very pleasant conditions
Went out a bit south of Karewa in 21m - got 4 around 33cm - put lots of small ones back - they were keen on squid
Got a bit choppy round 2pm - then the anchor warp snapped and we lost a lovely Delta anchor and chain - I was a bit attached to that warp - but nothing lasts forever
I think we need some advice on snapper fishing - always have a spare seat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 6:55am
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot up the island Yesterady morning with Heath (heathrow) and Andrew (86Mad). Started in around 16m and was a slow start picking up a few pannies. But a few in the 30-32cm throwback range. Schools of jack macs about taking softies and very calm seas. Tried a couple of different spots till about 10.30am then decided to head to karewa for a jig with only about half a dozen in the bin. On the way out there we got to the 25m mark, beautiful blue water, Kahawai were on the surface aggressively feeding what lookedlike small pilchards about 2 inches long. Birds were working on top and the water was full of scales, feathers and bits of fish.... It looked very fishy indeed. The sounder was stacked up on the bottom with snapper feeding on the leftovers so softies and baits were deployed. Straight into the fish. The bin quickly filled up and we had landed plenty in no time. A few sneaky gurnard and trevs in there for good measure too, along with plenty of the 30-32cm throwback, seems to be lots around this time of year. 

The the Skippies turned up and started working all around us. So we trolled the softbaits through them and had a great time pulling in good size (4gk+) skippies. especially on the 4lb gear. Took forever. 
Even saw some flying fish out there, wouldn't have surprised me if a striped popped up in front of us as it had that kind of feel. 

Stopped at A buoy for a jig on the way home and managed half a dozen rats but nothing of any note. 

A very flat Hot and eventually productive day. Great company too. 
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skippy_lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 11:18am
skippy_lad View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Popped out to putney rock for a jig.
One rat. trolled for skippies Nailing four all around the 4 kilo mark.
Shot out too a we spot and caught 20 turkeys biggest being 47cm.
trolled skippie lures and a purple marlin pusher home until sixty m.
STILL NO MARLIN!
Unhappy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skippy_lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:23am
skippy_lad View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by skippy_lad skippy_lad wrote:

Popped out to putney rock for a jig.
One rat. trolled for skippies Nailing four all around the 4 kilo mark.
Shot out too a we spot and caught 20 turkeys biggest being 47cm.
trolled skippie lures and a purple marlin pusher home until sixty m.
STILL NO MARLIN!
Unhappy

If god didn't want to us to catch fish he wouldn't have made them so tasty
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:15pm
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks LocalsThumbs Up.....as a new resident, I watch, listen and learn Wink
we're almost unpacked and Walu's almost ready, to get her Butt wetClap

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:43pm
Ara View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We had a good day soft baiting down at Motiti, Paul landed his P.B. snapper which put a huge grin on his faceWink Great day out.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:09pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats a solid fish there Ara, good work on the bendy gear. 
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mellowpuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 2:33pm
mellowpuff View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What depth you score those skippies in?
Page  <1 218219220221222 413>