wharf fishing in south auckland

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jjinkura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wharf fishing in south auckland
    Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 8:15pm
jjinkura View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi all new member here..

looking to do some wharf fishing around the franklin area.. where are the good spots around the manukau with lights for night time .. thanks in advance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Jkumara, pm sent, another option is Clarks Beach on an out going tide. Same deal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote jerry69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:21pm
jerry69 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

clarks beach has been quite a productive spot for me, but on the incoming tide under the light at night time. Plenty of ky to be had and it's a nice quiet spot to enjoy a beer and a fish after work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jjinkura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 1:52pm
jjinkura View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks guys ,is the wharf at  clarks beach where the boat ramp is ..at the end of waiu beach road
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 11:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Waiau Pa has a ramp and jetty Clarks Beach is just a ramp I dont know the name of the roads. most guys fish off the rocks by the ramp at low tide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote madspaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 10:46am
madspaz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You can fish off the cliffs to the left of the jetty at waiau pa.  Strong current though.  Go through the gate at the end of the carpark and walk straight through the field.  Can get some decent kahawai /trevs and the odd snapper (mostly undersized).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tigurello 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 9:47pm
tigurello 90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

try bottle top bay get some nice kahawai and the odd snapper not sure what it is like at night if there is light or not mostly a good fishing area bar the odd snag on oysters
one day i will outsmart those smart fish i cant outsmart
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cornwallis_champ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 9:50pm
cornwallis_champ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yeah hi im only 14 and no the waters pretty good around auckland i have fished pretty much all over and have caught some decent size fish. we went over to Waiau Pa one day and caught 20 odd undersized snapper all released and a couple of kawhai decent size all on size 4 sabaki hooks. we used absaloutely nothing for bait . you could also try off the old mangere bridge theres a few kawhai , yellow eyed mullet yellow tales the odd snapper and trevs and also we have caught the past 2 times have hooked up to decent size sting rys approxitmely 90 - 100 pounds. maraeti , kawakawa bay and a new spot i fished off last sunday  and will be going back this coming sunday is queens wharf next to the cloud. we caught 5 kingies in an hour and hookd up to a few legal snapper. we used live baits obviously kawhai on sive 7 hooks. give me a ring or an email at [email protected] for more spots.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 8:09am
Kitten View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by jerry69 jerry69 wrote:

clarks beach has been quite a productive spot for me, but on the incoming tide under the light at night time. Plenty of ky to be had and it's a nice quiet spot to enjoy a beer and a fish after work.

Hmm, I might give that a go sometime
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 9:53am
fish0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wow..
seems like the harbou is fishing good..
hows the wharf by mission bay? might give it a go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 10:13am
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Waiau pa ramp had a lot of Kingfish hanging around it in March & April. That would be my pick. I reckon you'd be more likely to catch a kingie on a livie than a legal snapper at these spots.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I_caught_a_Paketi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 10:27am
I_caught_a_Paketi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by 1Daz 1Daz wrote:

Waiau pa ramp had a lot of Kingfish hanging around it in March & April. That would be my pick. I reckon you'd be more likely to catch a kingie on a livie than a legal snapper at these spots.

Agreed. I dont see the point as its so unlikely to catch a legal snapper from these type of places. Would rather throw out a livebait anyday. Got a better chance getting kahawhai, dory and kings than nibblers continuousy taking your bait. At least with livebaits you either catch something decient or nothing at all.
I will go for snapper/ trevs off the rocks and snapper/ gurnard off the beach but thats about it.