Cheap fishing gear.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote manoftheland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap fishing gear.
    Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:54pm
manoftheland View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys. I have noticed there is a  company on trademe based in australia selling cheap game reels i wouldnt normally be interested but they r so cheap i thought of buying one just for a test out. But i thought i would check first if anyone else has tryed them. They are called omoto.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote junk4us1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:32pm
junk4us1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

funny ive seen them as well , and been thinking the same thing they sound gd if they got same internals as shimano and penn
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:39pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i got a reel of them while back looked all flash in pic etc ,,,,,biggest piece of junk i ever bought scared to use it so never well ,very low budget general rubbish lucky though it cost me $50 or so ,my opinion stay away they not what they appear to be
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big_red_hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:50pm
Big_red_hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ditto. Save your money. Got suckered by the "Designed in Japan" , "Designed in USA" . May have been designed there but sure as hell weren't made there. More like made in china outta melted down plastic cereal animals.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davethefisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:40pm
davethefisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

been suckered by them as well, wouldnt touch anything that the seller "premium-fishing" sells.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:41pm
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looks like i wasn't the only 1 to waste my money.. bought 1 of there reels i used it for about 30min and now it looks like a nice paper weight.. i think it would be best just to save a bit of extra money and get something you know you can trust.. thats my plan now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davethefisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:43pm
davethefisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

just to elaborate, when I got the reel all looked good, spooled it up and had a cast on the front lawn as ya do, then the whole drag system just gave up. hadnt even got it wet. now its  good kids toy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote manoftheland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:44pm
manoftheland View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Haha cheers guys. I sure as hell wasnt going to use it on marlin like it says in the add! Was going to test it on a bronze whaler. Anyways i will stick to the tiagra.Big smile