AUCKLAND VIS/LATEST DIVE

Page  <1 454455456457458 472>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r0bb0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 12:57pm
r0bb0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did the Hen n Chix yesterday. Few crays around in the shallows which was nice. Came across a spot at one of the chicks that had some honking current and truckloads of bait off one of the points, so decided this was our place to look for a king. Jumped in and seconds later there were blankets of kohi's and macks around us. Surrounded. Few seconds later, had a school of big solid looking trevs' come through, which didn't hang round, was going to take one, but thought, Murphys Law, take that shot and something bigger follows...then literally after they had gone out of sight, had two kings roll on through, one EST 25kg maybe even plus, and a smaller Model of around 15... As luck would have it, first time ever had equalising problems due to being sick earlier In the week, was 2 meters out of range at the closest,  and due to the sinus pressure, had to pull out. Left to fight another day.
No decent snaps seen, found a few legal paua, shot some Kohis, a Porae, few crays, mix bag but no Kingfish to stuff the smoker with.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:57pm
TheSnapperWhisperer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha ha ha dre, should've shot the big one earlier.
http://www.facebook.com/TheSnapperWhisperer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dre_372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 8:40am
Dre_372 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Think I need gun upgrade to take on that big one. Sceptical my 110 with one 16mm band would have punched through it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 9:25am
TheSnapperWhisperer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Grasshopper, it's nothing to do with the gun
http://www.facebook.com/TheSnapperWhisperer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JAKE D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 5:56pm
JAKE D View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey has anyone got any recent vis reports from around leigh sort of areas?
im a commercial harvest diver working in ozzie, but back home for a few weeks holiday. all my usual dive partners work nowadays so looking for anyone to accompany me. I have a small 4m inflatable so if anyone is heading out and wants extra crew, or keen to chip in for some $$ and come out on my boat message me. Only head out during the week to avoid the crowds. based on the shore
message me if your keen
Jake
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hcccck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:53pm
Hcccck View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

rakino trench 9.3.15 mon morning large snaps seen not taken couple of pannies 1 good king in good company with jake d
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:02am
spear crazy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

burlies working well then?
Axemen Spearfishing... "Putting the crap back into elite"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hcccck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:14pm
Hcccck View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by spear crazy spear crazy wrote:

burlies working well then?
yep some beauty seen thats for sure will have to have session boss
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JAKE D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 1:23pm
JAKE D View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah good times out with matt yesterday, a real eye opener as to how good the diving is so close to home!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 2:52pm
Platinum
Platinum

*can be
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John Dory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 9:37pm
John Dory View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dived destruction gully today, thought things might be better on the Manukau with the easterlies. 3 - 4m vis and loads of fish and paua around, looks pretty much untouched down there. Lugging all my gear back up the track nearly killed me though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

mean! what kind of fish JD?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote finny24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 6:42pm
finny24 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

how long did that walk take you with all your gear JD?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John Dory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 10:48am
John Dory View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fish wise, saw loads of red moki, every length between 5cm and 60cm. There were clouds of little blue Maomao swarming around me in the water. I saw a thing I think was a butterfish, but I'm not sure about. Surprised a big snap through pure fluke but missed him with my pole spear. 

The walk down takes about 20min, the first half is easy but then there's a few steep slippery parts at the bottom which are a bit dodgy fully laden. People have fixed up some lengths of hose a la the mercer bay track on the steep bits. Back up it was more like 40 - 50 (painful) minutes. 

It's a beautiful spot, and interesting underwater. There are big areas of large boulders and outcrops with kelp growing in between, and also areas of clean sand in the middle of the little bay. Fully worth the walk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chillwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 11:01am
chillwave View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice one JD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 7:07pm
SpearoMike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How'd the conditions fair after the weather bomb? Heading up tomorrow for a few days swimming. Out great barrier way
here fishy fishy.......... ><(((((º> ............><(((((º>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mad Spearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 8:13pm
Mad Spearo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How long were you in the water JD? Struggle with currents at all?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John Dory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:11pm
John Dory View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We were in about 3 hours on the incoming tide. Wasn't much in the way of current but I was sticking reasonably close to shore as I'm not the most experienced spearo. I'd say there'd be massive current if you went further out, could see a line of choppy water from up on the track
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 9:28am
TG View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Started calming a bit in Army bay this morning if that is any help. Sounded like north beach durban from my deck last night.
TG
http://mondoedge.com
http://twitter.com/mondoedge
http://facebook.com/309681785793

"Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearHori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 7:50pm
SpearHori View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey J.D where abouts is this track?
Have only been around there by Jet ski, keen as to do a good lug.
let us know next time you go if you want a tag along.
Page  <1 454455456457458 472>