AUCKLAND VIS/LATEST DIVE

Page  <1 429430431432433 472>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 2:42pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good stuff!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Philip van Zijl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:22pm
Philip van Zijl View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

http://youtu.be/15Kx0kiXOUw

Evidence to show it happened
Never underestimate and old man with a spear gun ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 8:22pm
snapback View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

anyone heading to the Mokes or Greatbarrier? I have 3 Korean spearos who want to go there and have fun. PM me or text me 021 418 419 We are happy to chip in around $100-120. thanks. we all are available over the weekends.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 8:29pm
spear crazy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heads up everyone there is a rahui from martins bay to Cape rodney imposed by local iwi as there is a search on for a young mans body. Believe it is all along the front of kawau too for those looking at scallop sessions.
Axemen Spearfishing... "Putting the crap back into elite"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r0bb0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 1:03pm
r0bb0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Spear crazy, do you know if the imposed rahui has a timeframe up until one can redive those areas? Or is it an indefinite request, until they either find the body or they decide to call it off?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Oceandiversity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 1:18pm
Oceandiversity View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Spearfishing trip to little barrier tomorrow if anyone's keen, txt me on 0211147466 cheers Blair
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustcallmeDoris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:35am
JustcallmeDoris View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

East Coast viz north of Warkworth was 7-8m yesterday.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r0bb0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:59am
r0bb0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Where did you end up diving Justcallmedoris. I know that rahui is still out from Cape Rod to M-bay
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustcallmeDoris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 7:19pm
Silver
Silver

North of Parkari.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:18pm
spear crazy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What died?
Axemen Spearfishing... "Putting the crap back into elite"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustcallmeDoris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:59pm
Silver
Silver

Ugh. Nothing by my hand... First 90 mins couldn't dive - sinus was excruciating - even down at 2m. Felt like my eye was going to explode. Missed a ky from the surface with a rushed shot, got bored so went to shallows. Buzzed by a school of huge fat ky in 4m. Was so busy looking for what might be chasing them, by the time I decided to take one for the smoker, they were gone. Nooooooo. Plenty of JM's around - rat kingy bolted when it spotted me - JM's weren't worried by it at all.   Olenz did well... As he usually does. Mussels, 3 ky and a couple of Crays.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 6:47am
kolt45 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FYI, the rahui is from Snells Beach to Martins Bay. I spoke to the lady at the Leigh dairy who called a member of the Omaha Marae and got confirmation of the rahui location.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 2:32pm
TheSnapperWhisperer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I cruised around Kawau a bit over the weekend. 

Sadly, the excellent scallie spot at Beehive Island in 6 m of water was all dead. Hardly a live scallie, plenty of dead ones, only got one or two legal ones. Lots of other dead shellfish also on the bottom, so looks environmental not from plundering by us. Dived a few other scallie locations but only ended up with 5 for the day. Pretty sad. 

Redeemed myself with 3 nice pannies from my trusty Snapper spot using the 3 prong. A couple of bigger ones seen but not speared.  Lots there, as usual, on the reef which gets some good current.

My 7 y/o was keen on a spearfish, so I followed him around for 2 hours in <16 degree water while he chased and chased fish. 

On the Sunday I took him to Takatu to try for a butterfish. After another 2 hours he got a red moki which I'll smoke tonight.

He is pretty manic on smashing fish and refused to admit he was cold, despite him shuddering and shaking.

I swam out to the cleaning station while there was still a little bit of current left, viz about 6-8 m. Dived several times to find it exactly, and when I did a small (legal) kingy was hanging around in the weak current. I hid in the weed and he came in really close.  I smashed him so hard with the gat-ku I was able to just grab him.   Mmmnnom nnnom nnnom kokoda in my tummy. Saw one later about 10 kg which was uninterested in me. 

It's certainly not very warm out there.

http://www.facebook.com/TheSnapperWhisperer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r0bb0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:48pm
r0bb0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers for the heads up kolt
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SharkBite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 12:51pm
SharkBite View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah I dived around Kawau in the weekend. I found the water clear and fishy. I found this guy on my second descent. Was a top weekend although I concur the scallop beds are all looking pretty scant this season with dead empty shells on the beds.
"There goes another moocher"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 1:14pm
Dobo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys, I'm heading up your way tomorrow to collect a boat a mate and I are buying. We are looking at giving her a good sea trial. I'm based in Marlborough (We are lucky to get 10m Viz) and have never dived the North Island before so looking for some advise with sea condition as I know how important local knowledge is. The boat we are buying is a 6m lazercraft Hardtop so should be able to handle a fair bit of a beating. We will be up there for Friday/Sat/Sunday, I would love to try to get out the great barrier, Mokes or Hen and chickens, we are  flexible where we dive but would like to try a good spot to spear our first snapper,JD and boary! I would much appreciate any helpful info and it goes without saying that I am more than happy to return the favour if you're ever down in Marlborough.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r0bb0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 11:32pm
r0bb0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had itchy feet and decided to dive Ti for a look this arvo.

Seafriends was calling it 4-8 meters viz. Spent half an hour in the water with 1 meter viz, 1.5 hazy out wider no more, but crappy all round. Worst viz I've ever had there. Nearly shat myself when I had a ray 1.5 meters in diameter sneek up on me and literally glide over my back. Yep, I jumped and it bolted hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mad Spearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 6:43am
Mad Spearo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Seafriends was calling it 4-8m on Saturday.. Its been pretty windy since then
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:13am
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SharkBite SharkBite wrote:

Yeah I dived around Kawau in the weekend. I found the water clear and fishy. I found this guy on my second descent. Was a top weekend although I concur the scallop beds are all looking pretty scant this season with dead empty shells on the beds.

nice one! Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Oceandiversity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 5:32pm
Oceandiversity View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Trip to Great Barrier Island this Sunday, 0211147466 if your keen, cheers Blair

Page  <1 429430431432433 472>