AUCKLAND VIS/LATEST DIVE

Page  123 472>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CRAYMOUNTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AUCKLAND VIS/LATEST DIVE
    Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 10:27pm
CRAYMOUNTS View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Why dont we have topic to have conditions around the gulf and the lastest catch, as the wellies boys have got it going on Smile.

Ill start with me late arvo dive at army bay today-vis 5-7 mtrs 5x snaps to 8 lb & 1 cray,sorry no photo not really worth it anyway.

keep it comingClap
CLASS CRAYMOUNTS DONE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 1:21am
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

^ Nice butterfish.

Kindest regards,

UJ.
Your friend in Wellington

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote McKoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 10:13am
McKoy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

LMAO
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 10:52am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Noises - similar visibility to above on Wednesday night (was just a quick early evening scallop dash)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 12:09pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Red Moki, Not butterfish UJ! Somewhere another red one is pining for the fjords...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 1:50pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is this wellington or auckland?

All I see is the wellington crew
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JAKE D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 3:49pm
JAKE D View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

havent been in but from my deck the water looks very clear around campbells bay, mite check it out soon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keeweebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:37pm
Keeweebee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Viz at South Omaha today - 8m, nary a ripple on the surface nor any wind, magic diving!Thumbs Up
Saw the biggest Porae i've ever seen (thought it was a snapper at firstWacko) spooked a big trev, saw some big butters, snooped a 2kg snap and had a 4ish kg one tear offAngry.
Oh, Got stung on the lips by a jellyfish too, was'nt watching where i was going. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
"I need the sea because it teaches me"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Besty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:53pm
Besty. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

taupo bay - stephenson island was about 2-3m on sat. very green. Some sections opened up to maybe 5 but you wouldn't see fish at that range, only large objects like rock or divers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CRAYMOUNTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:53pm
CRAYMOUNTS View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice wk
CLASS CRAYMOUNTS DONE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 7:15pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Keeweebee Keeweebee wrote:

Viz at South Omaha today - 8m, nary a ripple on the surface nor any wind, magic diving!Thumbs Up
Saw the biggest Porae i've ever seen (thought it was a snapper at firstWacko) spooked a big trev, saw some big butters, snooped a 2kg snap and had a 4ish kg one tear offAngry.
Oh, Got stung on the lips by a jellyfish too, was'nt watching where i was going. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Trying to send us on a wild goose chase aye with that vis report aye? Wink

Has your lips gone big like tiras's when it happen to him?  I wish I had taken a picture with the camera as they were bigger than Angelina Jolies...LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keeweebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 7:41pm
Keeweebee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

After the dive they looked pretty freaky but have gone down now thanks to stingooz. Thumbs Up.

Not a good look for a guy, but i'm sure some of the Parnell ladies could save themselves some coin on the collagen, if only they were prepared to swim into a jellyfish every now and thenWink

Yeah nah it was actually a bit South of South Omaha. Good spotting.Cry
"I need the sea because it teaches me"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hippi Pippi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 8:16pm
Hippi Pippi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dived Hottie early this morning. Lots of Butters but no snaps. Vis 5-12m. Pockets of good and bad water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JackDalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 8:46pm
JackDalton View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Vis was a gloomy ~5m at Maori point off the fishermans track south side of tarwharanui. By the way, perhaps i should have asked this before i set off with all my kit duct taped to my mountain bike, but is there a way down to the shore anywhere out further towards takatu/elephant point? I searched but gave up and continued to the track access at Maori pt. Saw two kingies, but they were both fairly flighty :(
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 1:29pm
TheSnapperWhisperer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

vis ranged from 4 m to about 6 m around southern end of Kawau and Moturekareka over the weekend. Managed to spook a couple (one about 4 kg) at Moturekareka.
shot a few pannies for dinner, and picked up some scallops - pretty thin on the ground at Bostaquet bay. 

http://www.facebook.com/TheSnapperWhisperer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote olenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 4:29pm
olenz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has anyone dived leigh coast this week? Conditions?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote olenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:30pm
olenz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by olenz olenz wrote:

Has anyone dived leigh coast this week? Conditions?

oh well, I guess noone has.

went to Omaha this morning. Very calm, viz around 6-7 meters but in some places almost undivable due to the density of jellyfish. Almost immediately came across a nice trev in the weed. Never shot a trev before so was very scared to spook it. Laid on the sand next to the weed and waited until it showed again. Shot through the grass seeing almost none of the fish and luckily got it right where i wanted. Nothing big, probably under 2 kg but it is my first so I'm happy Smile. Set some burley and left it for 10-15 minutes - came back but it was still untouched. Did not see any snaps at all.  Ended up shooting some butters and pulled out 4 crays and even found some legal paua. At the end of the dive came across school of quite big koheru (if they are koheru - the spotted ones that look like mackerel) - missed few times - i blame my numb fingers for that and decided that it must be time to go.

also tried to go to johnes bay to look for some scallops but did not get any. plenty of scallops but all undersized. saw some asian looking dudes on scuba with the guns and bags full of scollies, plus lot of other divers - the place looks very popular.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:45pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you aren't taking the piss then that is something pretty special. Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote olenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:54pm
olenz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was quite surprised as well :-)
And the crays were actually quite decent size, have not had them that big off a shore for a long time Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zidenin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:57pm
Zidenin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Mahinepua bay this morning 3-5 metres. Got 6kg snapper and saw another few around but this is fatty one with plenty of meat for me and my wife.
Page  123 472>